Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Connector - Google Analytics upgrade? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Connector - Google Analytics upgrade?
  • VoteVote Up1Vote Down     chris June 1, 2011 6:29AM
    Hi - We have upgraded the Omniscope GoogleAnalytics connector. We now include all available Dimensions and metrics including Goals and AdWords. We have also made several other behind-the-scenes improvements.

Please let us know if you encounter any problems using this functionality.
  • 7 Comments
  • checkyourfuel     checkyourfuel June 1, 2011 6:36AM
    Awesome. Thanks. I'll share the news and test the connector myself.
    James Sandoval
    SVP & Managing Director, EMEA
    BrightTag

T: +44 7740 284 164
    E: jsandoval@brighttag.com
    Twitter: @checkyourfuel
  •     alec_webliquid November 21, 2012 6:52AM
    Chris, are there currently any plans to write a connector for AdWords itself?
  •     chris November 21, 2012 7:54AM
    Hi Alec,

This has been something that a few of our clients have mentioned. Unfortunately in order to develop an AdWords connector we need to apply to Google for AdWords API access. This is a fairly lengthy and convoluted process (see: https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/signingup). If there is sufficient demand we will investigate this further.
  •     alec_webliquid November 22, 2012 11:07AM
    Thanks Chris. Would it be worth reclassifying this as an idea then?

On the subject of the Google Analytics connector, I have been experimenting with it and I notice that the menu for metric selection, and the names of the metrics themselves, are different to those in the actual online interface. There was at least one metric that I could not find at all in the connector, namely 'E-Commerce Conversion Rate'. Is there any chance of these being updated at some point?

Cheers
  •     chris November 22, 2012 11:25AM
    Hi,

Yes please post it as a separate idea and vote, however we are very much reliant on Google approving Omniscope to use the AdWords API. From my understanding we have unsuccessfully applied to Google in the past for AdWords access, so if you are aware of any Google representative who we can liaise with to speed up and help us get access please let us know.

In terms of the metrics, as far as I'm aware the Omniscope GoogleAnalytics connector is fully up-to-date with all available metrics. Please note that the metrics available on the website may have different names to the metrics available through Omniscope, which uses Google's API. The following is a link to all available metrics in the API:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets#cats=ecommerce

As you can see there is an "E-Commerce" section, however there is no "Conversion rate" metric in this section. It may be the case that the metric has a different name, or that it has not yet been implemented by Google. If there are any metrics listed here that are not implemented in Omniscope please let us know.
  •     alec_webliquid January 30, 2013 8:21AM
    Hey Chris, are there any plans to include the ability to filter data in the Google Analytics connector? See the image below for an example. This is particularly useful if e.g. you wish to carry out analysis on your Paid Search campaigns (i.e. AdWords) and need to only pull data for site visits that came from that source. Without this ability, the usefulness of the connector is severely diminished.

Cheers

Attachments
    GA_filters.png 6K
  •     chris February 1, 2013 10:04AM
    Hi Alec,

Thanks for the question. This is already available in Omniscope 2.8, see: http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/comment/6928/.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged