Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Create and access variables in Data Manager - Visokio Forums
Create and access variables in Data Manager
  • VoteVote Up2Vote Down Guy_Cuthbert        Guy_Cuthbert May 22, 2011 7:37AM
    I now create [nearly] all formulae in 2 DM blocks:
    1. the first adds all formulae which I want to treat as if they were data values read, or merged, from my data source(s) and does NOT carry these through as formulae (the default setting)
    2. the second adds all the formulae which I want to use as formulae in my model, and so I set the "Preserve formulae in output" option

I say nearly all formulae, because the exception is any formula which involves the use of a variable. There is no way of referencing a variable in the formula editor within the DM environment (from a Field organizer block).

Could we please have a means of referencing variables inside DM? It's so much more manageable to keep all field work inside DM, and this is the only remaining omission AFAIK.
    Atheon Analytics Ltd
    w: www.atheonanalytics.com
    e: guy.cuthbert@atheon.co.uk
    t: +44 8444 145501
    m: +44 7973 550528
    s: guycuthbert
  • 3 Comments
  •     chris May 22, 2011 9:20AM
    Hi,

We are intending to implement support for variables in DataManager in either Omniscope 2.6 or 2.7.

Chris
  •     chris June 13, 2011 11:27AM
    Hi,

We have now added support for variables in DataManager.

Variables can edited in the "Field organiser" block. To edit the variables click the "Tools" button at the bottom of the block and select "Edit variables...".

Any variables you create will be available to use in the formula editor.

Make sure you select "Preserve formulas/variables in output" in the block options.

Please let us know if you encounter any problems or have any questions.

Chris
  • Guy_Cuthbert        Guy_Cuthbert June 13, 2011 2:00PM
    Sounds good - I will let you know!
    Atheon Analytics Ltd
    w: www.atheonanalytics.com
    e: guy.cuthbert@atheon.co.uk
    t: +44 8444 145501
    m: +44 7973 550528
    s: guycuthbert
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership