Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Dial View Zones - Visokio Forums
Dial View Zones
  • VoteVote Up4Vote Down     toes May 13, 2011 2:02PM
    Is it possible to define Dial View zones by specific values of the data set? I need a tab with one dial view where its zones has to differ according to different filtering because of different target rates.

Thanks
    Thomas
  • 6 Comments
  •     steve May 15, 2011 8:36AM
    I've reclassified this as an idea. How would you envisage providing the data for the dynamic range? Picking another field, and using the sum/mean of that field? A formula-driven dial view is another possibility, where you enter 3 formulae (with the same formulae restrictions as in the Content view) which determine the needle, min and max values.
  • jforero     jforero May 18, 2011 1:36PM
    If would be useful to get dynamic range values as well.
  •     toes May 23, 2011 11:18AM
    A formula-driven solution would be fine especially in those cases when the calculation is too complex to simply use a value of a field.

Thanks Thomas
  •     kmatrix999 June 17, 2011 10:54AM
    I haven't found a way to do this yet, so I don't know if its a new idea or just my lack of skill.

My file has 94 records. Each record has a column label at Level 3 (94), a group Label at Level 2 (28) and a further group label at Level 1 (4). I have been aggregating and disaggregating totals quite happily so far.

The 94 records have a range of values from 1 to 280.

I have set up the dial so that any one of the individual 94 values will show on a dial, within the range for all 94 values (Level 3). However, it would make more sense for me to be able to show a value against a dial range that reflects the associated grouped values (Level 2 or Level 1) for that record.

Can't see how to do this using either dial controls or filters. Is it possible?
  •     tjbate June 21, 2011 11:36AM
    Martyn - Like most other Omniscope Views, there is an Aggregation (not Grouping which is only available in the Table View) drop-down available in the Dial View. Open a Table View below the Dial View and choose fields to aggregate by to see what happens as you aggregate and change the aggregation functions for each field in the Table View. Apply the same settings to the Aggregation drop-down in the Dial View, and then change the value field the Dial View is displaying, and the function being applied to the Dial View value field. If you apply aggregation in the Dial View at Level 2 or 1, and set the function in the Dial View value field appropriately, the dial range should reflect values which have been aggregated.
  •     kmatrix999 June 22, 2011 4:56AM
    I will try that, thanks.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership