Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Hide/Delete all the empty fields - Visokio Forums
Hide/Delete all the empty fields
  • VoteVote Up1Vote Down     filippobe May 12, 2011 5:49AM
    Hi,

Is it possible to hide/delete all the empty field of a spreadsheet?
    I have a iok file which is the result of a batch appending and there are many empty fields in it. I would like to erase/hide them without cheking one by one.
    Thank you
  • 9 Comments
  •     chris May 12, 2011 6:52AM
    Hi,

Thanks for the question. In Omniscope 2.6 you can delete all the fields in one go by selecting "Data>Operations>Field organiser" or by clicking "Batch edit" in the Manage fields dialog. Now click "Delete all" to delete all of the fields and click the "Undelete" button on each of the fields you want to keep.

If you have imported the data using DataManager you can achieve the same thing by connecting the Batch append block to a Field organiser block.

Regards

Chris
  •     filippobe May 13, 2011 11:24AM
    Hi Chris,

thank you for the reply. This is good, but it still requires to much time.
    As I have 200 fields and as many of them are empty (but I don't know which ones), I am wondring if there is a quick way to delete/hide the empty fields.
    Is there any quick way in omniscope (data manager or data explorer) to determine if a field is empty and eventually hideit?
    Thank you!

Regards,
    Filippo
  •     steve May 13, 2011 11:47AM
    Do you mean dynamically determine the empty fields, so if data changes in future, columns would appear and hide? Or do you just want to one-click delete all fields which are *currently* empty?
  •     filippobe May 17, 2011 7:09AM
    I just want to one-click delete all fields which are currently empty.
    Is it possible?
    Thanks
  •     chris May 17, 2011 8:41AM
    Hi,

This isn't currently possible, as such I've moved this posting into the Ideas category.

Chris
  •     chris May 20, 2011 8:05AM
    Hi,

In today's Omniscope 2.6 release we've added a new operation "Delete empty data". This allows you to delete empty fields and/or empty rows from your data. Please let us know if you encounter any problems using this operation.
  •     filippobe May 20, 2011 11:10AM
    Hi Chris,

Thank you very much.
    I haven't tryed yet, but it is exactely what we needed.
    Regards

Filippo
  •     chris May 20, 2011 12:00PM
    Hi,

Please wait until tomorrow's 2.6 release before using this operation, there have been a couple of issues that have now been resolved that prevents it working properly.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Chris
  •     steve November 10, 2011 5:53AM
    Closing as complete.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership