Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Connector: Omniture SiteCatalyst discussion? - Visokio Forums
Connector: Omniture SiteCatalyst discussion?
  • VoteVote Up2Vote Down     tjbate April 30, 2011 10:13AM
    A large number of our users have expressed interest in using Omniscope with Omniture data. This discussion is intended to draw out the typical use cases and key features an Omniture Connector should have to save time and display amalgams of Omniture and non-Omniture data most effectively.
  • 6 Comments
  • jforero     jforero August 9, 2011 6:58PM
    Interesting initiative, I would like to mention that an significant feature had used in our organization is the ExcelClient App-in which is an extension of the Data Warehouse feature inside of Omniture, which allow to extract data dynamic and with a periodic easy update. If you want more details, let me know.
  •     tjbate August 11, 2011 2:56PM
    Javier - If we do not build a direct Omniscope Connector, then yes it appears that the best way to get data from Omniture to Omniscope is probably via their Excel Connector...just take regular timeslices in Excel, save them as compact, standardised (and cleaned-up) IOK Timeslice files in a batch append folder, and use an another (64-bit server-side) Omniscope 'datamart' file to import any number of timeslices (up to the limit of the RAM on the datamart machine).

Clients could do the timeslicing of their accounts and save each timeslice as either CSV (or the more compact and secure IOK format) in a shared/synched folder service (like Dropbox for example). The Omniscope Server Edition on your machine would monitor its own copy of the folder and when client timeslice submissions are synched, the Server auto-publish function will incorporate the latest client timeslice in the central IOK datamart file, which in turn is the source for all the distributed Reports/dashboard IOK files

If we take this as the current best option, what features, functions, or scalability/performance enhancements should/would a direct Omniscope Connector add?

In short, why should we do this? Can everyone use the Omniture Data Warehouse feature? Is it required to use their Excel client in conjunction with Omniscope as described above?
  • Alexander     Alexander August 19, 2014 3:45AM
    Hi Thomas,

Looking into connecting with Omniture, is this still the best way to connect?
    Just wondering, since this post if three years old now.

Thanks
  •     tjbate August 19, 2014 6:53AM
    Alex....is this your own instance of Omniture, or a clients instance that you are trying to connect to...? Do you have your own Omniture account? Have you spoken to your Adobe Site Catalyst/Omniture Account Executive about supporting an Omniscope Connector?

We need their own paying clients to insist before Adobe/Omniture will assign resources to work with us...
  • Alexander     Alexander August 19, 2014 6:57AM
    Hi Thomas,

Great to hear so soon from you about this matter.

It is a prospect (so no client yet) that uses Omniture. No contact with Omniture yet, I was just wondering what the possibilities are.

From your reaction I assume, that the workaround that you describe above is still in working order?

And that if we manage to get to work for this client, we could help you getting resources assigned.

I'll keep you posted.
  •     Mees October 26, 2014 6:33PM
    Thomas,

We are about to start an Omniture project. The project has been sold, but we are a subcontractor and our part of the project probably starts Feb2015.

We are as always happy to assist you in getting this done, but are there any more client experiences you know of with Omniture since August 2011?

Anything we can use to prepare for the project, will help.

Many thanks

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership