Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Hide "(no value)" in device Sidebar? - Visokio Forums
Hide "(no value)" in device Sidebar?
  •     Alk April 26, 2011 5:44AM
    Hi, I currently have a field with some cells having product "A", "B" and "C" and the rest of the values in the field are null. The device sidebar shows "(no value)", "A", "B" and "C". I only want it to show "A", "B" and "C".

How do I go about hiding the "(no value)" text only in the device Sidebar? I am currently using Omniscope 2.6 b609 (alpha).
  • 11 Comments
  •     steve April 26, 2011 6:52AM
    Not currently possible using a category filter device. You need to delete the records for this. The device panel currently has an exact correlation with the state of your data, with the rule being you should be able to see all the rules (including "exclude nulls") that are taking place.

You can work around this by creating additional fields, using formulas, the first being a field "Is A" (or whatever) with formula [field]="A", etc. This will create Yes/No devices, but you have to create a new field for every value.

In a future version, possibly 2.7, we'll be looking at allowing you to create "global filters" which are hidden and create a restricted view of the data as if you had opened that subset of data alone.
  •     Alk April 26, 2011 7:20AM
    Hi Steve, thank you for the advice.

Creating additional fields for each value would be impractical for my use as I have many values.

I look forward to the option being available in the future.
    Thanks,
  •     davedunckley September 26, 2011 7:11AM
    Hi All,

I am also looking for this option. I think it would be really helpful. As in an option box, having a no value looks a bit strange. If the user is pressented with for example Colour of car. And they have:-

Red
    Blue
    Green
    No value

This does not make sence to them. How can a car have no value. But it might be that the car is in production, so have no colour assigned to it yet.

Thanks for you help on this.

Dave
  •        daniel September 26, 2011 7:49AM
    If you add a random character in all empty fields, then tokenise using that character you will hide the no values. However be warned that the filter will no longer add up to the full number of records and leaving it unclicked will give every hidden record also.
    Attachments
    Hide no values.iok 5K
  •     davedunckley September 26, 2011 10:09AM
    Ah thats a good idea. That would work. Kinda tricking it.
  •     steve September 27, 2011 6:43AM
    Alkesh, Dave & Daniel - please don't go to great lengths trying to hack this up; you'll have full control over this in 2.7 very shortly.
  •     Wayne September 27, 2011 7:29AM
    Creating filters out of dummy variable values also eliminates the 'no values' option. These filters can be applied to specific graphs or tab views, keeping the section of the dataset on display nice and tight.
  •     steve September 27, 2011 8:19AM
    You will shortly be able to choose not to show "No values"...
  •        daniel September 28, 2011 4:10AM
    Thanks Steve, be great to not actually need to go around hacking away those no values. Incidently will the ability to Hide no values be applied to every field of data or just individual fields at a time? It would be nice to be able to do both.
  •     steve September 28, 2011 8:10AM
  •     steve November 10, 2011 5:51AM
    Closing as complete
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership