Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Date field with increments - Visokio Forums
Date field with increments
  •     Alk April 21, 2011 11:38AM
    Hi, I have a field in the device bar which is titled "Week commencing", and of-course, it is a date field.

Previously, on version 2.6, the "Week commencing" range sliders stepped in 7 day periods, eg, 1st Jan 2011, 7th Jan 2011, 14th Jan 2011 etc.
    After upgrading to Omniscope 2.6 build (609 alpha) from Omniscope 2.6 (605 alpha), I've realised the "Week Commencing" range sliders step in 1 day periods, despite the fact the field's dates increase in 7 day increments.

This makes the information misleading, as if the slider is set at 3rd Jan 2011, the views are showing data from 7th Jan 2011.

I am not sure if this is a bug or by design.
    If this is by design, how can I make the range sliders increase in 7 day increments or increments of only the points the "Week commencing" field has?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
  • 5 Comments
  •     steve April 27, 2011 6:31AM
    Sorry for the delay in responding. Please can you post a demonstrative IOK file here (only include the date field if necessary), with details of which precise version had the old behaviour?
  •     Alk April 27, 2011 6:43AM
    Hi Steve,

Please find attached a demonstrative IOK file.
    The Week Commencing slider increments daily, but it should increment weekly.

I do not recall which precise version numbers had the old behaviour, but it was fine as I recall in most/all builds I tried a few weeks before I made the post above.

I am currently using Omniscope 2.6 (build 611 alpha), WinXP Pro SP3 x32.
    Attachments
    Date slider.iok 8K
  •     steve April 27, 2011 7:25AM
    Thank you. We'll take a look.
  •     michael May 3, 2011 10:12AM
    Date slider supports only daily increment.
    What you could observe before, if the date range contains a lot of days then when you move the slider, the range value can skip several days. This happens because a small movement of the date slider corresponds to several days in the date range.
  •     Alk May 3, 2011 10:51AM
    Hi Michael, thanks for the insight, that may have been the case and the dates I may have seen may have conveniently matched.

I will create a new thread on the Ideas forum with a suggestion of the slider only jumping by the entries the field has to prevent misleading display of monthly or weekly data.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership