Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Dial View: Showing Formula Results - Visokio Forums
Dial View: Showing Formula Results
  • VoteVote Up9Vote Down jrudman March 25, 2011 11:56AM
    I created a formula that I would like to show in a Dial view, however on the graph under Values -->Function there is not an option for Formula Result. I can choose from Sum, Mean, Mode, Minimum, etc but Formula Result is not an option. How can I show the actual value in the Dial? Thanks!
  • 8 Comments
  •     steve March 25, 2011 12:21PM
    The dial view doesn't support direct use of formulas, only stats on formula fields. Can you create a new field using the formula then use mean of that field?
  •     steve March 25, 2011 12:21PM
    Another trick is to aggregate by a field which has only one unique value, creating a single output row, and set the aggregation drop-down to use "formula result" here.
  • jrudman March 30, 2011 3:22PM
    Not really. Mathematically you are not able to add rates, you would need it to recalculate the formula from whatever base numbers are aggregated.
  •     misakch July 16, 2012 4:50AM
    Hi,
    is there any progress with formula results in dial view since last post? I need exactly the same as jrudman - show rates as a result of formula in dial view.

Thanks,
    Michal
    Michal Charvat | Mindshare | Business Planning | www.mindshare.cz | www.mindshareworld.com
  •     tjbate July 16, 2012 4:58AM
    I have re-classified this as an Idea. The Dial View will be upgraded in an upcoming version to include other visualisation options like Box Plots. The changes will include a general view architecture upgrade that should enable this feature. Please vote to move this Idea up the list.
  •     misakch July 16, 2012 5:10AM
    Ok, thanks a lot for info.
    Michal Charvat | Mindshare | Business Planning | www.mindshare.cz | www.mindshareworld.com
  •     s_daffern August 30, 2012 7:18AM
    Is there any way to set a dynamic target on the dials view and ranges?

This could be useful if you have a target that moves from one week to the next. e.g.

This week we need to open x amount of cases but next week we need to increment this by a factor of 5 for example
  •     paola September 4, 2012 9:17AM
    Currently you cannot have dynamic ranges, but we've had this request mentioned before and will consider adding the feature.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership