Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Pivot View - Percentage display? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Pivot View - Percentage display?
  • VoteVote Up23Vote Down     brian.lau February 18, 2011 10:25AM
    Hi there, currently we need to work round through a tedious and complicated calculations in order to get percentages displayed in Pivot View (effectively calculating a percentage in separate fields). Is there any possibility to have the Pivot View to have the capablity of displaying percentages, just like the table views?

Thanks, Brian
  • 15 Comments
  •     steve February 18, 2011 11:39AM
    You mean you want to show percentage of... the grand total?
  •     brian.lau February 18, 2011 12:27PM
    At every cell, it would be the percentage of that cell of the total of that column, similar to what you have in Table View using the Group function.

Thanks
  •     steve February 18, 2011 12:42PM
    Percentages in the Pivot view wouldn't necessarily be column-based. You would need to be able to choose to show as percentage:
    - of grand total
    - of row total
    - or of column total (the option you want).
    Please vote on this; we'll consider for a future version.
  •     acohen July 12, 2013 11:38AM
    Steve, can we revisit this? We would find it very useful. Thanks
  •     steve July 15, 2013 6:00AM
    Ariel, absolutely - it's one of the highest voted items; we'll look at adding it in 2.9.
  •     daniel_csepregi July 16, 2013 12:43PM
    Just to agree, it would be a big and essential help for us. When will the 2.9 version be released?
    Thanks!
  •     steve July 17, 2013 4:26AM
    We'll start the alpha programme in the next few weeks, where it'll be like 2.8 with only a handful of new features. Over the following 6-12 months we'll add many more features before ultimately releasing as a production version. We'll see if we can get this feature in earlier rather than later in that period.
  •     dpawley January 6, 2015 10:37AM
    Hi Steve, was this added to the latest update?
  •     tjbate January 13, 2015 1:20PM
    Danny - Adding this feature posed several complications for version 2.9, which includes an option for web deployments as well. It did not make the cut given the urgency of rounding off 2.9. We are trying to add it in the next version.
  •     dpawley January 20, 2015 5:14AM
    Thanks tjbate, I saw that you were looking at this for 2.8 and thought it might have been completed? Nevermind, if you need someone to test and help let me know.

Thanks for the update
  • Alexander     Alexander September 9, 2015 12:02PM
    Hi All,

Any news on this topic?
  • Chris_Fricker September 10, 2015 4:49AM
    This would be really useful for me too - so an update would be appreciated!
    Thanks
  •     steve September 10, 2015 12:09PM
    Custom views in 3.0 will allow you to easily develop your own Javascript custom views in Omniscope to solve issues like this before we are able to. Alpha partners see here:
    http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/3001/custom-pivot
  •     Phillipa June 7, 2016 7:52AM
    Hi All,

I am also in need of percentages in pivot charts, but can't find any option for it.

Has it been implemented or do I have to work around with formulas. If so any advice on the best way to do it. I have tried weighted means but then I can't use totals.

Phillipa
  •     paola June 14, 2016 5:53AM
    The new Pivot view is under development and the % feature is going to be implemented in 3.0.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership