Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Error trapping for formulas - Visokio Forums
Error trapping for formulas
  • VoteVote Up2Vote Down     jim.ledger February 11, 2011 5:54AM
    Hi - I'm working with a content view which contains some formulas which may or may not result in an error depending on the filter selections I have made (division by zero).
    When an error is found, the whole content view gets distorted with the error details so I was wondering if:
    a) there is a function equivalent to IFERROR() or ISERROR() in MS Excel (I can't find one in the list)
    or
    b) if there is a way to turn off the function error display in content views

Otherwise, it means I have to write some pretty long and complicated nested IF statements to tidy up the errors...

Many thanks,
    Jim
  • 4 Comments
  •     steve February 11, 2011 6:58AM
    Not at present. Use IF, and use DECLARE to simplify your formula.
  •     indranildatta February 15, 2012 7:57AM
    Hi,

We've recently had this request from one of our prospects to be able to trap whenever an Omniscope operation or function evaluates to an error and a graceful handling mechanism.

Could you please reclassify as an idea so that we can vote on this?

Cheers!
    Indranil
    Indranil Datta
    Invizua Limited - www.invizua.com - Dedicated to Media, Marketing Services and Market Research Organisations
    M: +44 7956 470 046 | E: indranil.datta@invizua.com | Skype: indranildatta1 | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/indranildatta | Twitter: @indranildatta

Address: Studio 6, 36-42 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EY
  •     steve February 15, 2012 9:44AM
    Please clarify. This posting could mean any/all of:
    • Some formula function such as CATCH(sub_formula) which catches errors evaluating sub_formula and results in null without propagating an error
    • An option in the content view to display nothing, instead of the error, where an error occurs
    • Logging all formula errors, throughout the app, in an opt-in popup window
  •     steve February 23, 2012 9:11AM
    From tonight, the first bullet point (CATCH) has been added to 2.7.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership