Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Import Excel formulae - Visokio Forums
Import Excel formulae
  • anon February 18, 2009 3:33PM
    When importing an Excel file, does Omniscope import the formulae or the text in the comments fields?
  • 3 Comments
  •     steve February 18, 2009 3:34PM
    No; Omniscope formulae, while deliberately similar, have some fundamental differences - for example, an Excel formula is defined per cell, whereas an Omniscope formula is defined per-field.

To import Excel comments field text into an Omniscope file as text column(s), you must cut and paste the formulae into separate Excel columns. Omniscope formula fields use similar syntax as Excel, so adding Excel formulae to the Omniscope file should not take long, although Omniscope uses Variables to set assumptions, rather than input cells.
  •     chrisamott December 9, 2010 7:42AM
    Exporting formula from Omniscope into a text file is useful but would it be possible to import those same formulae into a different file. I have an IOK file linked to an Access query. If I add a column to the query and refresh it doesn't appear in the IOK. In order to include the new column I have to create a new file and build the link anew. Therefore any formulae I added to the old file is manuallt added to the new file. Import directly from the old file over copy-paste would be even better.
  •     chris December 9, 2010 9:49AM
    Hi,

What version of Omniscope are you using? Are you opening the access database directly in Omniscope or are you using DataManager? How is your access query setup (have you selected a table or have you defined a custom query)?

Thanks

Chris

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership