Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Subset "All Data" and "Filtered Data" in DM 2.6 Alpha 475, bug? - Visokio Forums
Subset "All Data" and "Filtered Data" in DM 2.6 Alpha 475, bug?
  • Focus_Media Focus_Media January 3, 2011 3:38PM
    Hi:

I installed today this build of Visokio (DataManager 2.6 Okavango - build 475).

In a tab with 2 bar views, one with Subset "All Data" and other with SubSet "Filtered Data", both shows the same information: the filtered records.

View with Subset "All Data" doesn't works well, it would show all data, independent of filtered fields ( i supose )

Attach example file iok.

Regards
    Attachments
    Menciones ESIC BUG.iok 656K
  • 7 Comments
  •     steve January 5, 2011 12:37PM
    I'm not sure what you're saying.

Subset "Filtered data" means you see the data after applying the filters on the right.

Subset "All data" means you see all records without any filtering.

This appears to be working in this file.
  • Focus_Media Focus_Media January 5, 2011 1:45PM
    Hi steve.

When I select one brand on Pie View, in Bar View with "Filtered Data" shows data based on selection, but in Bar View with "All Data" too.

Its this behavior correct? I think Subset "All Data" allways shows "all records without any filtering" as you say.

Thanks
  •     steve January 5, 2011 3:45PM
    OK, what you're seeing is "brushing". When you make a selection in one view, the corresponding records will "light up" (well, in fact other records will grey-out) in all other views - irrespective of the data subset.

You can disable brushing using the Settings menu.
  • Focus_Media Focus_Media January 17, 2011 12:31PM
    Ok, thxs for answer

I like brushing option :-), problem was in "bar view with 100% bar", then brushing option 'shadows' underlying data, with is i want to show (Subset All Data).

Can I disable 'brushing' option in a one view only (not to all views in tab)?
  •     steve January 17, 2011 2:24PM
    I'm unclear as to why you need this. Please post an example file here and explain what you're trying to achieve.
  • Focus_Media Focus_Media January 17, 2011 3:00PM
    Hi steve,

In attached file in first message from this discussion there are example of this:

I need to select one brand in first view (pie view), then, in second and third view, shows brushing data, its okey.

But in last view ('Share de Menciones por SiteType y Credibility') i have 'Subset All Data' and i want this data fixed, without any change when i select one brand, in order to compare 'share of all data' versus 'share of selected data'

Thxs for your interest
  •     steve January 17, 2011 5:40PM
    This isn't currently possible. Your best bet is to disable brushing. Please post in the Ideas section so others can vote by commenting.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership