Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Bar/Line View - Display percentages? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Bar/Line View - Display percentages?
  • VoteVote Up10Vote Down aknotts     aknotts December 23, 2010 4:25PM
    Hi - Is it possible to show percentages on a bar view rather than the value? By using cascade and 100% bars I can see the correct figures but Ideally I want a standard bar with the percentages. I created a formula field using subset_sum and this works except if I change more than 5 devices it won't work (as I used up to subset5).

Any work arounds or ideas greatly received.

Many thanks, Andy

PS - Merry Christmas and thanks for all the support this year!
  • 6 Comments
  •     steve December 26, 2010 3:20PM
    Currently, no; if you want percentages, the pie view provides this. In future we'll update the bar view to provide the same option.
  •     steve January 3, 2011 1:48PM
    Summary of this idea:

Allow you to choose to show percentages instead of / as well as actual values in the bar view.

These would initially be percentages of the entire view, so if you were paning in several dimensions, you would see quite small percentages, and all panes would add up to 100%. This would match the option in the Pie view.

In future we could allow you to control what level the percentages were of - e.g. allowing you to normalise each pane to 100%, like we currently do for stacked bars with "100% bars" enabled.
  •     Julia_OIS May 4, 2012 4:23AM
    Is this idea realized in the meantime? I still miss the funktion of showing at least the total value in the graph view for each measure when switching to the 100%-view for stacked items.
  •     steve May 4, 2012 5:35AM
    % in bars is in development in 2.8.

The total value can still be shown. In the Measures menu, see "Show overall value in data titles / toolbar".
  •     Julia_OIS May 4, 2012 5:45AM
    That again leads to the question, when version 2.8 will be released.

Yes I'm awware of that function, but it is not really adequate for our presentation, as we hide the data title and the relevant toolbar-field. Instead of showing 100% at the top of the bar it would be more informative to show the total value for some measures.
  •     steve May 4, 2012 6:20AM
    2.8 has major work planned and we cannot give a concrete time-frame, but are currently aiming for late summer.

You should add a small Content View with the same data subset above the Bar view containing a formula/function-driven value using the f button.

Use "View toolbar > Tools > Fix view size > Fix height" to lock the height of the content view regardless of window size.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged