Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
UTF8 & double byte character sets - Visokio Forums
UTF8 & double byte character sets
  • aknotts     aknotts December 17, 2010 4:13PM
    Hi

Ver: 2.6 b465

I have several multi language data sets (Chinese, Russian and Greek to name 3) that I am merging and need to output to either a text file or ideally import into SQL Server 2008 R2. If I create a text file output what encoding / locale combination should I use to preserve the double byte characters? Also, how can I output the data to SQL Server and still preserve the double byte characters? Attached is a spreadsheet with a small example data set in.

Thanks

Andy
    Attachments
    china_sample.xlsx 11K
  • 1 Comment
  •     steve December 17, 2010 5:16PM
    You could export in CSV, and use Encoding: UTF-8, providing SQL Server supports importing UTF-8 encoded CSV data. See the "File output" block in DataManager, or File menu > Export > Export data file.

Or, export directly to a new table in SQL Server. See the "Database output" block in DataManager, or File menu > Export > Create/replace database table. This will overwrite any table with the same name, creating a new one with the appropriate data types for the columns being exported.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership