Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Remove Demos - Visokio Forums
Remove Demos
  • VoteVote Up1Vote Down     s_daffern December 15, 2010 3:18PM
    Hi,

Is it possible to remove the demos from the Omniscope viewer. When we roll out the viewer we do not want the rest of the business opening up these files.

Thanks

Steve
  • 6 Comments
  •     tjbate December 16, 2010 11:48AM
    Stephen - If you have access to the installation folder of the free Viewer users, you have many options to control and re-brand the look of Omniscope installations, as described here:

http://www.visokio.com/kb/rebranding

It is currently possible to disable the welcome screen by customising the "installconfig.properties" file in the program folder. This might be sufficient for your needs.

Open "installconfig.properties" in notepad. Make sure any lines containing "ADDITIONAL_JVM_ARGS" are commented out using #. Add a new line exactly as follows:

ADDITIONAL_JVM_ARGS=-DAppSetting_ENABLE_WELCOME_SCREEN=false
  •     s_daffern December 20, 2010 9:34AM
    Thanks for your response.

I have had a look at the above but unfortunately I cannot see anywhere to remove the demos themselves. i.e. the ones in file/open demo.

As a developer these are extremely useful, but for somebody who is just going to view the files I would rather they were not opening all of the demo files.

Sorry if I'm being silly

Steve
  •     steve December 20, 2010 10:22AM
    Steve, please try editing the "config.properties" file from the above rebranding guide and adding the line:
    showDemos=false
    Does this work for you?
  •     s_daffern December 20, 2010 10:48AM
    That has worked thank you.

Can I also turn off the feeds and the maps from the same menus?

Thanks

Steve
  •     steve December 26, 2010 3:30PM
    Suppressing the "open maps" menu in the Viewer isn't currently available. What do you mean by feeds?
  •     steve January 3, 2011 1:50PM
    Summary of this idea:

Allow further control over the menu items that appear in the viewer, through additional branding options. Initially, allow you to suppress the "open maps" menu item and welcome screen option in the Viewer. Feeds shouldn't be available in the viewer, only licensed editions, but allow these to be suppressed too. Please list any further requests here. Please vote by commenting here.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership