Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Edit Cells in Viewer Mode. - Visokio Forums
Edit Cells in Viewer Mode.
  • Focus_Media Focus_Media December 1, 2010 10:15AM
    Hi:

I have data in Omniscope with calculated fields based on other fields, like:

Fields: Price, Units, Cost = Price * Units
    Fields: Price Estimated, Units Estimated,Cost Estimated = Price Estimated * Units Estimated.

I want user can change/edit cells in columns 'Price Estimated' and 'Units Estimated' in order to evaluate 'Cost Estimated'.

In Omniscope 2.6 with DM license, I can edit cells, and mark as read-only column Price and Units.
    But users, in viewer mode, can't edit cells values,

How can I mark columns as 'Edit Columns' in viewer mode?

Thanks in advance
  • 5 Comments
  •     steve December 1, 2010 10:44AM
    The viewer cannot edit or save. Even if the viewer could edit, what would the user do with the results?
  •     tjbate December 1, 2010 10:50AM
    You can use defined Variables to write parametric formulae which free Viewer users can change using Variable selectors displayed of the Sidebar, i.e change oil price or inflation rate assumptions within a defined range, but if the user must edit the formulae and save the results, they must upgrade to a Professional.
  • Focus_Media Focus_Media December 1, 2010 2:09PM
    Hi all,

I want to show a table with columns with real data and other columns with 'User data'. Calculated fields are fixed, and user only change values in columns with 'User data', to compare 'user results' with real data.

Thanks
  •     tjbate December 1, 2010 5:46PM
    The free Viewer is not really meant to be used as a calculator, any more than the Excel Viewer is meant to substitute for Excel. This is especially true if the IOK file is being created/saved with an Omniscope Edition lower than an Enterprise Server Commercial Publisher, which creates files that CAN be live-refreshed in free Viewers. If an IOK file is created/saved with a Professional or DataManager Edition, free Viewer users cannot enter data in cells, so cannot add missing/changed values to formula calculations. You can use low-cost Workgroup Editions to allow small groups to edit/save workflow files, but these are IOM files that do not open in the free Viewer, only other Workgroup Editions.
  • Focus_Media Focus_Media December 3, 2010 12:46PM
    Ok, thanks

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership