Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Import hour field from Excel file to Date/Time in Omniscope - Visokio Forums
Import hour field from Excel file to Date/Time in Omniscope
  • Focus_Media Focus_Media November 26, 2010 12:14PM
    Hi,

I have an Excel file with Hour Field, and I can't import correctly in Omniscope.

Attach .xls file and .iok file with attempts to import hour field to date/time in Omniscope.

Regards
    Attachments
    EjemploHora.iok 8K
  • 10 Comments
  • Focus_Media Focus_Media November 26, 2010 12:14PM
    Ops, only one attach by message, attach xls file here.

Note that field 'Hora4' has format "hh:mm:ss" and shows 12:34:56.

Regards
    Attachments
    EjemplosHora.xlsx 13K
  •     tjbate November 26, 2010 7:51PM
    If your data source has date and time in two different columns (why?) it is best to collapse (using an Operation) or combine (using a formula field like (DATETOTEXT[DATE] + DATETOTEXT [TIME]) the Excel Date/Fecha and Time/Hora columns into the same Omniscope column (typed Text), then allow Omniscope to convert and store the whole value as a proper, completely-specified Date/Time. You can then duplicate this Date/Time column and format one to display Date, e.g. dd/MM/yyyy and the other to display only Time, e.g. HH:mm:ss
  •     steve November 26, 2010 9:06PM
    In 2.6, try unticking "Excel, if available". This option switches to using a 2nd system for importing from Excel and may resolve your issue. You can find this option after choosing "Customise data import" in the file open dialog. Or, in DataManager, if you have a DM license, by expanding the block after dragging the file onto the workspace.
  • Focus_Media Focus_Media November 29, 2010 8:47AM
    Hi:

External data have this 2 fields (date and hour), and I can't combine/join, I need independent fields (we works with hours > 24:00 as shows in EjemplosHora.xlsx example)

I try to unticking option "Excel, if available", it doesnt works, I cant import hour field as Date/Time in Omniscope.

I have 2.6 build 420 with DM license, Omniscope configurated in Language English, and locale computer settings are Spanish.

I try change 'Locale' settings in 'Parse' section in 'file block', to English/Spanish, and none of this imports hour field as Date/Time.

I try too change 'Locale' settings in 'Field Organizer' block when change Hour Field from Text to Date/Time... nothing.

Thanks for your interest.
  •     chris November 29, 2010 5:44PM
    Hi,

We are currently investigating this issue. I will let you know once we have a solution.

Thanks

Chris
  •     chris November 30, 2010 5:15PM
    Hi,

Omniscope provides two ways to import data from an Excel spreadsheet:

- Using Excel directly (this is the default).
    - Using an External reader. This functionality was developed in Omniscope 2.6 and is relatively new.

If you are importing using Excel we currently cannot read time data correctly. We can read date or date and time but time data on its own cannot be read. The external reader does import time data correctly, so you may want to try switching to using that instead.

I have fixed a minor bug that stopped this working, so from tomorrow's version please try the following:

- In DataManager: Un-check the 'Excel (if available)' option.

or

- In DataExplorer: Choose 'Settings > Advanced > Misc > Use alternative Excel reader (POI).

Please let me know if you have any questions or encounter any problems.

Thanks

Chris
  • Focus_Media Focus_Media December 1, 2010 10:07AM
    Hi Cris,

I installed Build 452, but the problem persists, unchecking 'Excel (if available)' option or not. Attach iok file.

Thanks again.
    Attachments
    EjemploHora.iok 8K
  •     chris December 1, 2010 10:53AM
    Please download yesterdays release (build 453). This contains a minor bug fix that stopped this functionality from working properly.

Please let me know if you still can't import the data correctly.

Thanks

Chris
  • Focus_Media Focus_Media December 3, 2010 11:42AM
    Hi cris

I download this release (BUILD 453) and the problem persist, checking and unchecking 'Excel (if available)' option.

Can be the problem that my computer language is spanish and the omniscope app is in English? We try to change app language settings to Spanish and the problem stills.

I also try change 'locale' options (in 'file input block' and 'field organizer block') all English/Spanish combinations, but problem persists.

Regards.
  •     chris December 7, 2010 10:58AM
    Hi,

I have whispered you a message.

Thanks

Chris

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership