Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Minimum Requirements for Omniscope Enterprise - Visokio Forums
Minimum Requirements for Omniscope Enterprise
  • cshawk November 15, 2010 4:28PM
    We are looking to expand our use of Omniscope, having our Asia and European division start to use it like our Americas division.

The Americas division has a huge server for Enterprise, and by their own admission is it is very over sized. What I am looking for is some basic, general system requirements to recommend to Europe for Omniscope Enterprise Server. My "feel" is that this can run on a desktop all the way through a server class system, but I want to make sure I have given a reasonable recommendation. I see the Scaling and Performance section on 64bit, but it isn't specific enough.

What I need is just a reasonable starting point, so lets assume less than 100 reports will be generated (not with a huge amount of data, with less than 100K rows).

Thanks!
  • 3 Comments
  •     steve November 15, 2010 5:32PM
    How frequently will these 100 reports be generated, and how many fields (data columns) do they have?
  • cshawk November 15, 2010 5:36PM
    Lets call it daily, 50 fields each.
  •     steve November 15, 2010 5:54PM
    Any basic desktop PC with 2gb RAM will be sufficient. Unless the process to produce the reports involves working with much more data.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership