Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Updating database parametrers in 2.5 - Visokio Forums
Updating database parametrers in 2.5
  •     WKeith November 15, 2010 3:55PM
    I have about 50 .iok files which extract data from an oracle database. These are refreshed every morning by the scheduler. In their "wisdom", our DBA's have moved the database to a new server, using a different port number. Is there a way to easily update the iok files to reflect the new Database and port number. Our other systems are unaffected as they use the TNS names file to conect to the database, but Visokio uses the native connection string. Otherwise I have to open each file in turn and update it.
  • 3 Comments
  •     steve November 15, 2010 5:31PM
    You can use the scheduler to automate the setting of the database source configuration. You can also use an XML file to do this, and edit the XML yourself/automatically. But I'm not sure if this will help.
    You can also use the hosts file on a windows or unix system to fake the hostname change, but not the port.
  •     WKeith November 16, 2010 9:47AM
    Unfortunately I only want to change the server name and port, not all the other parts of the configuration, so using the scheduler involves more work than updating each iok file.
    Thanks for your suggestions

Only 35 left to edit now!
  •     steve November 16, 2010 9:57AM
    Ouch. Sorry! One day, we might develop macro/scripting for Omniscope, which would allow you to write your own Javascript for this kind of problem. But it's a way off...

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership