Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
JDBC Connection on Windows 7x64 - Visokio Forums
JDBC Connection on Windows 7x64
  • jond2000 November 9, 2010 11:51AM
    I had to move from Vista x64 as my laptop needs a new motherboard.

I am having issues with a JDBC Oracle Connection on Windows 7 x64, using same jdbc5.jar as Vista x64 located in C:\Oracle.

When setting up the database connection I enter the host, sid, username and password. I get the error message "Unable to connect to database the server took too long to respond".

I have TCP dump running on the server and the client does not even try to connect.

I don't think Omni is even trying the network as if I enter invalid details, say username and password, I get the same error.

Any ideas?
  • 1 Comment
  •     steve November 10, 2010 10:45AM
    Jonathan,

Chris has already responded by email. Here is some additional information:

We are using Omniscope 2.5 on Win7 x64 to connect successfully to Oracle.

The settings we are using are as follows:

Connection type: JDBC

Driver path: ...\ojdbc5.jar (from Oracle 11g 11.1.0.7.0)
    Driver class: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
    JDBC URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.X.XXX:1521:orcl

Authenticated with username and password

On clicking Next on the Authentication page, we get a "Retrieving tables" progress dialog, then the list of tables.
    This is connecting successfully.

Please check your settings carefully. If they are correct, try some of the following steps to help identify the problem:
    1. Try on another PC.
    2. Try reinstalling Omniscope, full x64 (not light) version.
    3. Try deleting/renaming the installconfig.properties file in the installation folder, so it is disabled. If it has been customised, this will disable any customisations.
    4. Be absolutely sure the firewall isn't taking effect. We've found cases where Windows 7 firewall is active when it is set to be off. This might happen if Windows 7 thinks it is in a public place due to a change in your network adapter settings. Try turning off the firewall in all classes of network, temporarily.
    5. Try some of the diagnosis steps here: http://www.visokio.com/kb/proxysettings
    6. Try the 32-bit version of Omniscope.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership