Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Show Details as a Table - Visokio Forums
Show Details as a Table
  • VoteVote Up4Vote Down aknotts     aknotts November 4, 2010 11:27AM
    Is there any way to ensure the details table that is displayed (when I right click and select Show Details as a Table) is consistent. To design the table seems hit and miss at the moment. I usually add a table to a tab, select the fields I want displayed, then delete the table and hey-presto the details tab is as I want. The trouble is that as soon as I change any table views on that tab my details table changes and I have to do the same again. I distribute IOK files to viewers so if I have maybe 20 or so tabs that all need checking then it can become quite tiresome. Are there any short-cuts?

I have the same problem in 2.6b425 however I can't get the table design to change at all! If I add a new table, show all fields, remove any aggregation and then delete the table, when I right click and do show details it hasn't changed!

Thanks for any help or advice.
  • 17 Comments
  •     steve November 4, 2010 11:50AM
    The multi-record Details table shows the same field set as the "default table view" - i.e. the last table view you made a change to. This works in 2.6. If you can't get this to work, please post an example file here and we'll investigate.
  •     tjbate November 4, 2010 6:03PM
    I manage this on each tab by adding a final Table View using the free floating window option on the Add View drop-down. The floating Table View can then be configured as if it was the multi-record Details pop-up, and then closed. Since this will should be the last Table View configured on the tab, its settings will be picked up by the multi-record Details pop-up, even though the floating Table View itself is no longer part of the tab opening configuration.
  •     Mees November 4, 2010 8:04PM
    tom, when using your suggestion my existing table on the tab is changing as well.

Situation: I have one table with aggregated data, columns A to G.

The Multiple Record Details view must show data that is not aggregated and showing columns X, Y and Z.

When adding a (temporarily) free floating table and configure as described above (with columns X, Y and Z), my existing permanent table is changed as well. Something I don't want.

How can we configure the Multiple Record Details view without changing existing tables? And how can we differentiate in aggregation levels?
  •     tjbate November 5, 2010 6:55PM
    Andrew- That sounds like a bug, can you send me your file, random-sampled and scrambled if you like
  •     steve November 6, 2010 10:38AM
    Tom, I have Andrew's file, and will investigate next week.
  •     steve November 8, 2010 11:16AM
    There was a fault with Omniscope 2.6 b432 and earlier preventing the "last configured table view" behaviour from working. This has been fixed in b433 onwards, which should be available from tonight (although the Content view is currently unstable).

In a future version (2.7, I hope), we will allow you to configure the Details table explicitly.
  •     steve January 3, 2011 1:27PM
    One possible enhancement that would solve this issue and more:

Allow you to configure a view to be used for popup details, separately for multi- and single- record details.

Then, when you choose to view details, a "temporary query" is created for the selected data, and a popup view is shown with "Subset: ", for example. When you close the view, the query disappears.

This would allow you to, for example, use the existing Details view for single-record details (making the existing popup details window redundant), and the Map view for multi-record details.

We hope to upgrade the forums shortly to support voting on ideas, and when we do, please vote on ideas like this appropriately, or comment below.
  •     steve January 3, 2012 7:56AM
    See also a related idea about configuring a view embedded within tooltips:
    http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/302/hover-plots
  •     walsh January 31, 2012 9:28AM
    The feature referred to early in this thread (where the "Details-on-demand popup window" inherits the configuration of the "last configured table view") appears not to be working in v2.7 b220 - correct?

Is there some way to configure the details table explicitly, as Steve hinted above, that I've missed?

I've configured a table with the fields in the order I'd like to see them, selected "Apply settings to all Table views", but I'm still not getting the details table to show the fields I need to show. It always shows all fields.
  •     mustafa January 31, 2012 3:27PM
    Can you post a sample file?

As I have just tried on my end, last table view configuration works fine. The details as table shows the last table view configuration.
  •     walsh January 31, 2012 4:29PM
    I've just experimented with this and have found something odd. When I configure the fields in a table view and then open the details-as-table, I get the expected view with the field set that I've just configured. However, if I then click "Apply settings to all Table views" in the Tools menu of the table view, the details-as-table reverts to showing all fields in the default order.

This is not the behaviour I would have expected. Can you confirm that it your test file behaves like this?
  •     mustafa February 1, 2012 6:56AM
    We will investigate the problem and get back to you.
  •     mustafa February 2, 2012 1:03PM
    Kevin, the problem you have mentioned in your last post should be fixed from tonight's release of Omniscope 2.7 b227+
  •     walsh February 3, 2012 2:32PM
    Thanks Mustafa. I downloaded b227, configured a Table view and clicked Apply setting to all Table views. I got an error: Application Error: An error occurred during event dispatching. I've sent the error report to your support@ mailbox.
  •     mustafa February 6, 2012 5:46AM
    Kevin, I have sent you an email about the crash you have encountered.
  •     mustafa February 7, 2012 8:57AM
    The crash mentioned above has been fixed from 2.7 b231 onwards.
  •     walsh February 8, 2012 9:18AM
    Looks good. Thanks, Mustafa.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership