Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Adding New Field in Omniscope adds it to every table - Visokio Forums
Adding New Field in Omniscope adds it to every table
  •        benjamin November 4, 2010 9:17AM
    Hi -When you add a new field into a omniscope report/project it adds the field to every table you have in the report.

I am aware that you can click hide field on Managed Fields to revert this problem.

But when you add a field it should by default NOT be added to any tabs you have already created in the report.
  • 3 Comments
  • Guy_Cuthbert        Guy_Cuthbert November 4, 2010 10:19AM
    benjamin - I agree... and it appears as a filter in all tabs too - equally frustrating in large (many tab) models
    Atheon Analytics Ltd
    w: www.atheonanalytics.com
    e: guy.cuthbert@atheon.co.uk
    t: +44 8444 145501
    m: +44 7973 550528
    s: guycuthbert
  •     steve November 4, 2010 11:42AM
    We've experimented in the past with both models - new fields appear automatically, and reports are frozen. Both had their set-backs. When Omniscope became fully "tab-ified", there's no clear distinction between a "report" and a tab. You're always in a tab, but might be using it just as a workspace. So we settled on new fields appearing automatically.

You can "freeze" a tab's visible fields quite easily: Settings > Advanced tab settings > Freeze visible fields. This will prevent changes *in other tabs* (or automatic, such as on refresh data) from causing fields to appear in the current tab.

(But if you explicitly choose to add a field, it will still appear by default in the current tab, regardless of this setting).
  • Guy_Cuthbert        Guy_Cuthbert November 14, 2010 2:11PM
    Steve - thanks for that, it's a neat feature... I will draw the attention of our team & our customers to it
    Atheon Analytics Ltd
    w: www.atheonanalytics.com
    e: guy.cuthbert@atheon.co.uk
    t: +44 8444 145501
    m: +44 7973 550528
    s: guycuthbert

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership