Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
A Couple of questions - Visokio Forums
A Couple of questions
  • xuanzheng November 3, 2010 12:15PM
    Hello,
    I have a couple of questions related to the file I attched.
    Starting from something general
    1. Is it possible to change the size of the header of each chart?
    2. Is it possible to get a "Y-axis" the bar chart view, like the "Y-axis" in the graph chart view. I need the Y-axis to show the units and the metric.
    3. Is it possible to apply the specific legend to the related charts. For example, in the file attached, the correct legends of the graph chart view ( left above) are "modelled " and "registrations", while the correct legends of the bar chart view (right above) are individual driver contribution. When i switch on the color icon on the first chart, it is automatically applied to the second chart. Is there a way to get around this problem.
    4. Is it possible to set up a link between two charts. In my files, I want to link the bar chart ( left below ) and the graph view charts (right below). For example, when i select the "seasonality" in the bar chart, the graph view will automatically switch to the "seasonality contribution"; when i select "Scrappage" in the bar, then scrappage contribution is automatically updated in the graph view.
    5. In the graph view- "AvM" ( left above), is it possible to plot a vertical line, which is used to split/ distinguish the modelling period and forecasting period.
    6. is there a way to cut the link when i select the metrics for different charts. For example, In bar chart (right above), I only want to show contribution, revenue, profit, ROI, while I only want to show scrappage , seasonality in the bar chart (left below). But when I made the first selection in the first chart, the option automatically comes up when i made the selection in the second charts. Any way to show the specific metrics for the related charts
    It's a really lengthy input. Many thanks in advance for the help
    Attachments
    Omniscope question.iok 163K
  • 6 Comments
  •     steve November 3, 2010 3:30PM
    1. Yes - right-click the title for font settings.

2. No, Y axis is not yet supported in the Bar view - instead, each bar has a number on top. This is planned for a near future version.

3. Yes, e.g. in the Graph view, show the toolbar, and choose Colour: AvM and Tools > Toolbars and styles > Colour keys.

4. Yes, choose Subset: Selected data in the 2nd graph.

5. Yes, choose Stats > Edit X axis guidelines

6. I'm not sure I understand what you mean. If you want to show different subsets of data in different views, use Queries on the main toolbar to define those subsets, then use Subset: [query name] in the relevant view.
  • xuanzheng November 3, 2010 5:49PM
    Hi steve,
    Thank you for the answer. They are very helpful
    For the 6th question, my problem is that I want to show two different sets of measures in two different views. but when i click "V" button,select "show"for first set of measures for one chart, this set of measurement show up in the drop down option of V button for this chart, but in the meanwhile, it also automatically show up in the drop down of another bar view. Is there a way to show a seprate set of measurements for different charts.
    Cheers
  •     steve November 4, 2010 11:22AM
    In every view, the Subset picker allows you to select:
    - All data (you see every record, regardless of filtering)
    - Filtered data (you see only the records conforming to your filters on the right)
    - Filtered-out data
    - Selected data

The other options (de-query, intersections) are not relevant to (4).

Choose Selected data. The view will be blank, until you make a selection in another view - such as using one of the selection modes (see the Graph view toolbar) and dragging over markers in the first Graph, or by clicking bars in a Bar view.
  •     steve November 4, 2010 11:45AM
    Did you update your answer after I posted? The above answer is in response to your question regarding 4.

For 6, I'm not sure what you mean. Are you trying to change the set of visible fields in the drop-downs, or the selected item for the view? If you are customising the drop-down, this isn't view specific. But if you are changing the "v" selection, this IS view specific. Can you post your file here with more explanation?
  • xuanzheng November 4, 2010 12:13PM
    Yes, I updated my post and thank you for your answer
    I want to customise drop down option, so it won't be view specific.
  •     steve November 4, 2010 12:51PM
    This isn't currently possible

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership