Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Turn on/off a table view - Visokio Forums
Turn on/off a table view
  • xuanzheng October 29, 2010 12:12PM
    Hi, I want to set up a true/false button, which could control if a table is show or not. Is it possible to link the button to the table view.
    Many thanks
    Xuan
  • 4 Comments
  •     steve October 29, 2010 1:37PM
    Do you mean you want a button somewhere in Omniscope that hides/shows a Table view? Can you give me more detail of your use case?
  • xuanzheng October 29, 2010 1:42PM
    Yes, exactly like what you understand. The table is controlled by the button. For example true/false button, if I click true, the table shows up. if i click false, then the table disappear. Is it possible to do that in Omniscope. Thank you
  •     steve October 29, 2010 2:19PM
    It's not possible to do what you say, exactly. You could try the following, though:

1. Set up your views in a particular tab how you want them, with the table view showing, and a content view somewhere. Let's call this Tab 1.
    2. Create a new tab, as a copy of that tab. Call it Tab 2.
    3. Hide the table in Tab 2.
    4. In the content view in Tab 1, use the Insert button (Link button in recent 2.6 builds) to insert a link to a tab. Choose Tab 2. For the text, enter "Hide table".
    5. In the content view in Tab 2, do the same, but choose Tab 1, and enter "Show table".
    6. If desired, in both tabs, choose "Toolbars > Tab bar" menu to hide the tab bar.
  •     steve October 29, 2010 2:23PM
    Update: Both tabs must be created using the Advanced option (in recent 2.6, this is "Copy of current tab (advanced)"), and only selecting "View and layout configuration". Deselect "Query state" and "Variable states".

This way, filtering is preserved when you click the link. But selections within views will probably not be preserved.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership