Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Content view - what's wrong? - Visokio Forums
Content view - what's wrong?
  • Jim_Ledger October 27, 2010 3:01PM
    Hi, I've just installed DataManager 2.6 b421, and I have a few issues. My previous install was build 405

1. Content text doesn't repond to formatting.
    2. A formula which used to work fine (in content view) now throws up an error:

HSBC CMB 2010 Phase2 ({{DATETOTEXT(SUBSET_MIN([Date]),"dMMM")}}-{{DATETOTEXT(SUBSET_MAX([Date]),"dMMM")}}) - Performance by site

3. Export to Powerpoint (I'm using Office 2010) doesn't work - I'm told I need to have Powerpoint installed..

Thanks,

Jim
  • 7 Comments
  •     steve October 27, 2010 3:41PM
    Jim,

The content view is undergoing some major changes. Please stick with an earlier version for the next few days.

Yes, you need PowerPoint to export to PowerPoint. This may well change in the near future, subject to some technical issues we have to work out.

Steve
  • Jim_Ledger October 27, 2010 6:27PM
    Thanks Steve.
    About the PowerPoint export though... I do have PowerPoint, but Omniscope does not seem to recognise it...
    This used to work for me in earlier builds, but now appears to be broken...
    Jim
  •     chris October 28, 2010 10:03AM
    Hi Jim,

We have recently updated the PowerPoint export functionality and added it as a DataManager output block.

Are you attempting to export view screenshots to a PDF file using the 'File > Export > PowerPoint' option? We tried this out this morning on a computer with Office 2010 installed and did not experience the error message you described. Would it be possible for you to download the latest version of Omniscope 2.6 (b422, available on the website in the next few hours), and let me know if you are still experiencing problems.

Thanks

Chris
  • aknotts     aknotts November 10, 2010 7:22AM
    Chris

Any news on the content block? I downloaded the latest build (434) yesterday and it still doesn't respond to formatting be it trying to format particluar words or the whole block (either fonts, colours or alingment). Which version should I roll back to for the content block to work?

Thanks

Andy
  •     chris November 10, 2010 9:56AM
    Hi Andy,

The content view is still under development. The last stable release is b412 (the main release on the website).

Thanks

Chris
  •     dvo_D November 25, 2010 10:01AM
    Hi all,
    any good news regarding the further development of content views?
    We currently work on our projects with build 442, and if there are content views to be edited, we have to chose a machine with b412.
    Unfortunately all sources have to be updated again on the b442 machine, if we have worked with b412 before. The versions don't work very collaborative.
    -> It would be great if we could sychronise our versions soon.

Apart from this the content views don't look fine to the client's viewer (in any build), if not formatted.
    b412 still has no printing function, so we have to offer the viewer in a younger build to the client.

Thanks for short feedback (+ perhaps an estimated time frame?)
    Dirk
  •     michael November 25, 2010 2:38PM
    Dvo,

The new much improved Content view should be available to use from early next week.

We have fixed all major issues, however, you may encounter some issues which we haven't discovered, in which case do report them to us through Omnscope.

Please note the Content view development is in progress as we are still trying to get some minor tweaks done.

Michael

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership