Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Operations in DataManager: Record Filter - Visokio Forums
Operations in DataManager: Record Filter
  • VoteVote Up0Vote Down     nevynb October 26, 2010 11:34AM
    Hi

Is it possible to add another category for 'Does not contain" within the record filter?
    Currently you have "contains" which is great but I require the converse.

Dependant on the underlying source it is easy enough to do this in tsql and therefore not bring the data in at all but actually I want to do just the opposite. I want 'ALL' data brought into DM and thereafter want to use the record filters to channel off the various chunks.
  • 8 Comments
  •     chris October 26, 2010 5:22PM
    Hi,

You can do this at the moment by setting up your 'contains' filter and then changing 'Accept' to 'Reject'.

We will be adding an additional category 'Does not contain' in the next few day.

Thanks

Chris
  •     chris November 1, 2010 2:30PM
    We have added the 'Does not contain' option to the record filter. This is available now in the latest 2.6 release (425).
  •     toes December 17, 2010 4:47PM
    Hi,

Is it possible to include an option to use functions in the record filter? E.g. for filtering the latest version of various data set using the subset_max function?

I use an older version of a data set for a calculation and want to exclude it in the next operation automatically.

Thanks
    Thomas
  •     steve December 17, 2010 5:17PM
    Can't you use a Field Organiser upstream of the Record Filter, and add the formulas in the Field Organiser?
  •     toes December 17, 2010 5:37PM
    Yes I could, but I'd like to reduce the amount of blocks since it is getting a little unclear. In some projects we have a Data Manager with nearly 100 blocks and it is hard to keep the overview. So I thought that in those cases it would be helpful to extend the range of functions. Just an idea...
  •     steve December 18, 2010 6:04PM
    The additional complexity of adding formulae to record filters far outweighs the benefits. To get a better overview of large models, try using the zoom function in the DataManager view tools menu, and zooming out.
  •     tjbate January 12, 2011 5:48PM
    Thomas - you may be trying to do far too much all in one IOK file. Although there are no limits to the number of blocks you can have in a file, it is best practice to break your data flow up into multiple files, test and debug, then assemble if necessary. Generally speaking, it is neither necessary nor advisable to do eveything in one file. Remember that Omniscope IOK files can be compact, efficient data sources i.e. 'data marts' for other Omniscope files. Break your solution into two (or more) parts... your upstream Source IOK files should contain all the data transformations, error trapping and visualisations designed to highlight problems with the data. Store these files on the server and refresh them from source automatically using the Scheduler. Then define your Report IOK files with minimal data transformation and formulae to speed tab-to-tab performance and responsiveness. The Report files have all the multi-tab multi-view visualisations and messages for the audience. The Report files can auto-refresh from the server-based IOK Source files.
  •     toes January 13, 2011 11:06AM
    Hi Thomas,

good idea, I'll try that.

Thanks
    Thomas

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership