Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Arranging views on an Omniscope page - Visokio Forums
Arranging views on an Omniscope page
  •     walsh October 9, 2010 12:30AM
    I'm having some difficulty organizing multiple views on a page. I've followed the advice given in another thread and populated the page with empty views in my preferred layout.

The layout is 3 rows/2 columns. At the bottom I have two content views (empty, so that the footer I've loaded as a background image is visible in Reporting Mode) and immediately above each of these is a barchart. Because of length of the labels along the x-axis, the graphs themselves are misaligned. I want to line them up properly but I cannot resize, say, the left-hand content view; the right-hand content view moves in lockstep; the upper boundary of these two content views is a continuous line across the page. Is there a setting that controls this? I've looked everywhere I can think of. The two rows of views above the bottom row behave as I'd expect - I can manipulate left and right independently.

On a related matter, is it possible to configure the direction of the labels on the x-axis. I have adjacent barcharts and for some reason one displays the labels horizontally, the other vertically, making the misalignment even more apparent.

I'm using v2.5 b297.
  • 4 Comments
  •     walsh October 9, 2010 12:56AM
    [sorry about opening this thread in the wrong group]

Another - semi-related - thing I've noticed; switching between working to reporting to working and back to reporting mode seems to cause some settings (show data titlebar, fonts used in title and view headers etc) set in the early reporting mode session are lost and defaults are reestablished.
  •     steve October 11, 2010 9:53AM
    Kevin,

Views are arranged using hierarchies of single-dimension dividers. So, if you have a left|right view arrangement, you can add a view by:
    (a) extending or inserting within the same sequence, e.g. left|right|new
    (b) creating a new sequence:

left|right
    -----------
    new

In your case, you have

bar|bar
    -------------------
    content|content

Whereas what you want is

bar |bar
    ---------|---------
    content|content

Correct?

Since 2.6, you can now drag views around to achieve this effect. Just grab the view by its toolbar (e.g. the "Bar view" text, or blank space in the toolbar) and drag into position. You should find it quite easy to arrange the views as you want.
  •     steve October 11, 2010 9:55AM
    Note that in future (probably 2.7) we plan a free-form layout choice where you drag and resize views independently on a page.
  •     steve October 11, 2010 9:57AM
    The style modes (reporting, analysis, etc.) encompass a whole range of preset settings, all of which are engaged when you switch modes. They are intended to allow you to quickly switch between pre-canned looks. You should avoid using these modes once you've started to customise the style of your tab.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership