Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Add Information (i) as mouseover popup comment in header field - Visokio Forums
Add Information (i) as mouseover popup comment in header field
  • VoteVote Up0Vote Down     dvo_D October 5, 2010 5:13PM
    Sometimes it might be useful to have a field where the implemented Data is explained in a few sentences.
    Frequent users might know exactly what is shown in the graph or in the table.
    But to prevent new users from total confusion, an insert of a very small (i) would help with some details regarding the current figures.
  • 3 Comments
  • Guy_Cuthbert        Guy_Cuthbert October 5, 2010 6:00PM
    You can add field notes to any field - these are displayed in a tooltip in certain views (can't remember the exact presentation - but certainly works in a Table view).

To try it out:
    1. Go to Data > Manage Fields...
    2. Select the Options > Field Notes against any field
    3. Add some text
    4. Create a Table view, and make sure the noted field is displayed
    5. Hover over the filed name at the top of the column

Hope that helps?
    Atheon Analytics Ltd
    w: www.atheonanalytics.com
    e: guy.cuthbert@atheon.co.uk
    t: +44 8444 145501
    m: +44 7973 550528
    s: guycuthbert
  •     dvo_D October 6, 2010 2:04PM
    The idea was, to add some Info to the (edited) header above the shown entries, not to the column header within a table view.
    For the user's version we hid the data titles and show a sense making, edited headline to every single view.
    In this headline I'd like to have a little (i) - left sided - for more + detailed infaormation what we show in this graph / table / map / pie etc.
    In different tools / software applications as typo3 you might find such an info field by hovering over the (i)- or (?)-Icon.

There might exist a solution but I don't know where...
  •     steve October 7, 2010 9:42AM
    You can't do this right now, but it's a good suggestion. Either a new text area for per-view comments, shown on hover over a help icon, or an option to auto-hide the existing per-view annotations.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership