Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Adding rows in 2.5 - Visokio Forums
Adding rows in 2.5
  • VoteVote Up0Vote Down        benjamin September 9, 2010 2:16PM
    Hi
    I have added rows using Omnscope 2.5 to a table which has been imported /generated from SQL query.
    When i refresh from source the rows that i have added get deleted.
    How is this problem overcome.

N.B
    The reason i need to add rows to the imported tables is that i would like to plot a expected curve on the same graph as actual result.Another way around this would be to enable user in Omnscope 2.5 or 2.6 to be able to plot multiple columns on one scatter graph.

Ben
  • 2 Comments
  •     tjbate September 9, 2010 4:23PM
    Benjamin - you need to keep your reference curve data separate and re-append after each refresh...these rows are not in the source and therefore will not survive a refresh from source. If you add the rows via append (concatenate) the operation should be repeated on each refresh as long as the relative pathway to the reference curve table does not change. Version 2.7 will be addressing the issue of drawing (multiple) reference curves in the Graph View, e.g. benchmark bond yield curves.
  •     steve September 10, 2010 8:12AM
    To expand on Tom's reply, you need to keep your reference data in a separate file, and in your main file use "Data menu > Append" to import the data (or DataManager, if you have a DataManager license, to do this in a more intuitive and visual way).

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership