Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Running 2.6 Scheduler (not at same time) on PC with 2.5 scheduler installed - Visokio Forums
Running 2.6 Scheduler (not at same time) on PC with 2.5 scheduler installed
  •     WKeith September 7, 2010 3:33PM
    Is it possible to get the 2.6 scheduler to use a different configuration file, rather than the one set up for 2.5 - I am testing the 2.6 scheduler on a box I use for some schedules at 9am, but want to use different versions of the iok files, and to save the results somewhere else later in the day.

Thanks
  • 2 Comments
  •     steve September 7, 2010 3:59PM
    Yes. You need to update installconfig.properties to specify "-DschedulerConfigLocation=[new location]" in the ADDITIONAL_JVM_ARGS property.

Typically, if you haven't already customised your installconfig.properties file (found in the Omniscope installation folder), you simply need to change the line containing ADDITIONAL_JVM_ARGS in this file (editing it with notepad) to the following, with no beginning spaces or # characters:

ADDITIONAL_JVM_ARGS=-DschedulerConfigLocation="C:\my custom location\config.xml"

If you use the Windows service, you must also customise the "service/wrapper.conf" file as documented in installconfig.properties.

If you haven't customise installconfig.properties, you should delete this file and reinstall Omniscope, which will reinstate the latest version of the config file, including the latest comments about how to customise it.
  •     steve September 7, 2010 4:00PM
    This assumes you're using Omniscope 2.6 in a per-user install location (since Omniscope 2.5 is a system-wide installation).

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged