Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Installation: Dual versions of Omniscope - Visokio Forums
Installation: Dual versions of Omniscope
  • Pascal     Pascal September 2, 2010 6:04PM
    Good morning!
    I installed several versions of Omniscope 2.6, the latest one being b358.
    However, when I double-click on an IOK file, it opens using version b332.
    To be able to have it in b358, I have to open Omniscope b358 and then open the IOK file from within Omniscope.
    Is there a way that every time I install a new build all the files would open using the new build?
    Thank you.
  • 2 Comments
  •     steve September 2, 2010 6:12PM
    It is possible to have 2 versions of Omniscope installed, if you have installed a per-user copy (not requiring administrative rights) as well as a system-wide copy (requiring administrative rights, but available to all users).

In this case, the per-user version takes precedence. To fix this, reinstall the version you want, choosing "Install for current user".

Or, if it makes things simpler, just uninstall both versions of Omniscope, then reinstall using default settings.

(Note that if you're installing both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Omniscope as well as per-user and system-wide installations, you can have up to 4 versions of Omniscope installed. The default used when double-clicking an IOK file is the per-user installation, and the choice (32 bit or 64 bit) you made at the last installation will be used.)
  • Pascal     Pascal September 2, 2010 6:39PM
    It makes sense.
    Thank you.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged