Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
pie chart bands - Visokio Forums
pie chart bands
  • Harry_BLM July 29, 2010 3:36PM
    hello

I have a file and can produce pie chart but Omniscope pre determines the bandings for the results and I would like to specify the band values
  • 3 Comments
  •     tjbate August 5, 2010 10:26PM
    Harry - You can control the bandings for numeric split-by fields by setting the view's Aggregation explicitly for the split-by column. When you do, you will see the default aggregation function for the split-by column is Histogram. Click on Histogram and you will see a drop-down allowing you to set the maximum number of intervals that will be used for the histogramming, and space allowing, for that View's numeric split-by displays as well.
  • Harry_BLM August 17, 2010 5:29PM
    hello

I don't want to specify the number of intervals, I would like to specify the values for each interval - so if for example Omniscope bands results as 5-10, 10-30,30 - 60 etc I want to specify the band values myself and change for example to specific values 5-9, 11 - 20 etc
  •     tjbate August 17, 2010 6:24PM
    Harry - To specify custom intervals, create a new formulae column that tests the values and assigns each to a new pre-defined interval value. This is known as 'bucketing' (UK) or 'binning' (US) your values. This type of formula is set forth on the Useful Formulae page:

http://www.visokio.com/kb/useful-formulae

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership