Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
How to have the graph veiw display the running total over time? - Visokio Forums
How to have the graph veiw display the running total over time?
  • nbrumleve June 23, 2010 10:02PM
    I am graphing a single variable by date and want it to display a culmulation of the value over time to show a growth trend. I've spent much time trying to figure this out. Is this possible and how can I do it?
  • 2 Comments
  •     tjbate June 25, 2010 2:07PM
    Nick - Unlike Spreadsheets, Omniscope does not have a fixed way of referencing rows, only columns. This means that formulae referenecing rows like repeated observations over time are more restricted than those that can be expressed in spreadsheets. If the Values to be summed can be strictly ranked in order, and the running subtotal required in any given row is a fixed number of records, say past 6 months, there is a way to do this. However, it is not open-ended, i.e. you cannot do all values since inception of the time series. E-mail me if you want to see the file/formluae for ranked running (fixed interval) subtotals.
  •     steve October 19, 2010 11:27AM
    Please see this posting for a way of hacking up a running total using SUBSET functions:
    http://forums.visokio.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=453

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership