Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Data sources: Saving XML Custom Mapping 'Template'?? - Visokio Forums
Data sources: Saving XML Custom Mapping 'Template'??
  • Jamie_Lambert June 2, 2017 5:51AM
    I’ve got a data block in Omniscope looking at a URL query in xml, and I'm wondering if there's a way to save a custom mapping layout as a 'template', or something similar.

Every day we run this API and some days map fine, but other days Omniscope struggles to correctly parse the results and omits columns of data that we need. I think this is probably because the URL query changes slightly each day- it’s not one, set URL because part of the URL changes with a daily “job ID” code. The data / response is in the exact same layout day to day. We’ve experimented with unticking the auto-recognise options under Parsing and haven’t yet found a combination that consistently works across different daily queries.

We can go in and edit the custom mapping to re-tell Omniscope how to correctly lay out the data, but are hoping there’s a way to ‘save’ these settings to work across daily requests rather than having them erased each time a new URL is entered and having to manually tick the checkboxes for row, column etc. So, essentially, my question is; Can we save our custom mapping layout as a template to apply across URL queries which, although they technically change daily, are all consistent in layout?
  • 3 Comments
  •     chris June 5, 2017 5:45AM
    Hi,

Thanks for the question. I assume you are manually changing the URL inside the File block. If you do this Omniscope treats this as a new file, and the mappings are reset.

Instead of entering the URL directly in the block, add a text Parameter (next to blocks/bookmarks). Set the parameter type to "Text" and enter the URL there. Now instead of entering the path in the block, select the parameter instead and configure your mappings. If you change the parameter value (the URL) the mappings should be preserved.
  • Jamie_Lambert June 8, 2017 5:24AM
    This was exactly the solution I was looking for - thank you Chris!
  •     chris June 16, 2017 11:49AM
    Hi Jamie,

Glad this works. You can also set the parameter value through the scheduler, so you can automate changes without having to do it manually.

Chris

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged