Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Oracle connection reading records in batches of 10 - Visokio Forums
Oracle connection reading records in batches of 10
  •        benjamin October 12, 2016 2:04PM
    Hi Omniscope

I am connecting to a oracle database through the omniscope data manager using the database table block

When omniscope reads in data from oracle it seems to read the records in batches of 10 (I.e the number of records in the data block increase by 10)

When i connect to the same oracle database through Oracle SQL developer it reads in 1000 records at a time

In essence is there any setting in omniscope to allow the oracle block to read in more records then 10 each time ?

Thanks

Ben
  • 6 Comments
  •     chris October 13, 2016 4:56AM
    Hi Benjamin,

Can you let me know what version of Omniscope you are using?

Thanks

Chris
  •        benjamin October 13, 2016 11:01AM
    I am using dr server 3.0 b6492 alpha and PC 2.9 b1597

Both read in records slowly for oracle
  •     chris October 14, 2016 5:56AM
    Hi Benjamin,

Can you try changing:

Settings > Advanced > Performance > Database statement fetch size

You will need to turn on "Debugging, diagnostics and performance" in Settings > Advanced > Feature availability.

Does this resolve your problem?

Chris
  •        benjamin October 14, 2016 1:01PM
    Hi Chris

Thanks for the above

It does not change the number of records being brought in through oracle, the record count still increments by 10

As an question , when I change to the above and restart omniscope it pops up with "Settings have been changed and these are not recommended".What are the consequences of changing the fetch size from the recommended 1000 to 5000 in general and in terms of performance ?

Thanks

Ben

•     steve October 15, 2016 1:50AM
    Ben,

Some database drivers have excessive memory requirements for high fetch sizes. Since it's not helping your case, turn it off to get rid of the warning.

Are you using DataManager 1 or DataManager 2? If the latter, we've done some work in this area recently.

Steve
  • antonio     antonio October 17, 2016 6:03AM
    Ben,

I sent you an email about this issue,
    anyway In DMv2 Omniscope version 3.0b6661+ we have put a fix to improve performance in Oracle.
    If this is the case, can you install the latest version and see if this improve performance on your side?

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged