Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Invoking Omniscope programatically - Visokio Forums
Invoking Omniscope programatically
  • pramattale May 18, 2010 4:08PM
    Hi,

Does anyone know whether it's possible to invoke Omniscope programatically via Java? Assuming Omniscope.jar is in the classpath I would expect this to be possible but I've not had any luck so far.

thanks

Pram
  • 8 Comments
  •     chris May 19, 2010 1:10PM
    Hi Pram,

Could you let us know what you are trying to do and why you need to invoke Omniscope programatically?

Thanks

Chris
  • pramattale May 21, 2010 9:24AM
    Hi,

I'm using with the integration that you offer with Calypso. Where I am currently working they would like to offer all non power users the ability to view .iok files without having to deploy the Visokio client to each individual desktop. Since the Calypso client is already offered out via Java Webstart I tried to bundle the Linux omniscope jar into our Webstart package. This doesn't work because Calypso issue generator-api-genapi-v1.0-b6.jar as part of their release bundle. From the looks of things you use the same code obfuscator on both the generator jar and the omniscope jar.

thanks

Pram
  •     steve May 21, 2010 10:13AM
    So from one Java webstart app you want to launch Omniscope as a popup frame, within the same JVM, but can't because there are class conflicts between the Calypso client and the JAR from our website?

I'm afraid we do not support launching Omniscope from within a Java application. Omniscope manages the JVM lifecycle and is not designed to support operation in this way. Have you considered launching Omniscope Online externally by invoking a link to the dynamically produced JNLP file as configured in the Omniscope Online link builder?

Visit http://tc.visokio.com/webstart/ and populate the "File to open" field. Customise the memory field if needed, and click Submit. Either use the link containing "link.jsp" (giving the user the option to use the installed client or web start), or experiment with the link to the JNLP file (forcing web start). You should be able to build this link dynamically from your app.
  • pramattale May 24, 2010 8:20AM
    Hi,

Thanks for the workaround. That looks like a good solution for us.

However there is a problem. I have generated a jnlp that loads Omniscope without a problem, but when I try and pass in the name of a file, Omniscope opens but the file is not loaded.

The url I am using is

http://lons470712.eu.rabodev.com:8080/jaws/omniscope.jnlp?name=Calypso&open=c%3A%5CTemp%5CVisokioInputTemplateDef796418114.iok&rand=0.658454685147713

Calypso stores the iok file in C:\Temp and the file loads fine when opened manually.
  •     steve May 24, 2010 9:08AM
    Could you also give me the full JNLP source (mask anything confidential)? Are you using full permissions or sandboxed? Try showing the console (see Java in Control Panel) and see if you get any relevant output.
  • pramattale May 24, 2010 9:16AM
    Here's the jnlp file

Visokio Omniscope Reader
    Visokio

Visokio Omniscope Reader
    Visokio Omniscope Reader
  • pramattale May 24, 2010 9:21AM
    I've turned tracing and logging and the only ouput is

Preload failed for com.visokio.corel.QuattroProPlugin - java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.visokio.corel.QuattroProPlugin
    Preload failed for com.visokio.featurefinder.hc - java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.visokio.featurefinder.hc

thanks

Pram
  •     steve May 24, 2010 10:03AM
    There's no parameter. Your JNLP file should end:

C:\Temp\VisokioInputTemplateDef796418114.iok

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership