Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Hiding View Menus - removing "Number of records" and "formula" from measures menu - Visokio Forums
Hiding View Menus - removing "Number of records" and "formula" from measures menu
  •     Phillipa April 5, 2016 12:00PM
    Hi,
    I have just been preparing a dashboard for our clients and meticulously hiding fields from the measures menu.
    They are hidden in my file but when I open them in the viewer on another machine I have the "Number of records" and "formula" still showing in the measures dropdown.
    If the clients click on these, it creates nonsense in the charts. Is this a bug in the system?
    Thanks.
    Phillipa
  • 3 Comments
  •     Phillipa April 6, 2016 3:23AM
    OK. I have discovered the problem.
    I am using Omniscope in English, however the viewer that I checked the file in was set to German. The fields "Number of records" and "formula" have accordingly been translated into German and are no longer being recognised as being hidden.
    Maybe something you can rectify?
    Thanks
    Phillipa
  •     paola April 6, 2016 5:43AM
    If you are trying to hide the Measure/Split/other menus from the View toolbar, removing the option for someone opening in the Viewer to interfere with the view:
    Settings>Advanced tab settings> Hide expand view toolbar
  •     Phillipa April 6, 2016 6:57AM
    Thanks Paola.

I don't want to hide the whole measures menu from the view toolbar.
    I have 2 measures they can choose between and don't want to show "Number of records" and "formula" as an option.

I am pretty sure the hide doesn't work because the viewer is in another language.
    Phillipa

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership