Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Performance: Finding the bottleneck in hosted web display? - Visokio Forums
Performance: Finding the bottleneck in hosted web display?
  •        CRead February 26, 2016 9:11AM
    I've got a fairly small demo file (~1MB) on the site, and often it'll take a long time to load / render. The scripts / images it loads are all tiny, and should probably be cached in most cases as well, but it's common to find that there is a substantial delay before results appear on screen.

This could obviously be Omniscope, the server, the internal network, the connection to my laptop, or my browser's rendering speed in theory, but I'm not having much luck in tying down what's causing it to run slowly.

Ideally, I'd like the file to load and run quickly over a wet string - the sort of thing you encounter with hotel / event / guest wifi. I've made it tiny already, and the libraries required on load are very small, so I'm not sure where to look next for optimisations.
  • 2 Comments
  •     paola February 26, 2016 9:39AM
    Would you be able to send the file to our support? You can use the Scramble data block to hide any sensitive info.
    Thanks
  •        CRead February 26, 2016 9:53AM
    I'll send you a link directly, it's public & non-sensitive since it's for public demos.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership