Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Improved Hover plots? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Improved Hover plots?
  • VoteVote Up3Vote Down     sbruneau May 2, 2010 2:01AM
    I have created a map of the US showing sales by city. I have also set up a hover plot (pie) to show the break-out of sales across search engines (Google, Bing etc..).
    However, when I hover, it shows me a split of sales based on counts of sites (e.g. if there are 3 sales done in Google and 1 in Bing it will show me google=75%, Bing=25%), rather than the sum of sales. I have set the variable's default function to "Sum", and looked everywhere else, but can't find a way to make it work. Help!
  • 5 Comments
  •     tjbate May 3, 2010 5:02PM
    Dear Stephan - configurable graphs embedded in tooltips is a planned new feature for either 2.7 or 2.8
  •     nevynb May 17, 2010 9:07PM
    Hi - I have a South African map using value of deposits plotted as size 'bubbles' on the chart. Works brilliantly but can't get the pie or column on hover to display more than one value. I have individual month data in the underlying data set.
    My objective would be to see a column or pie showing relative deposit volumes per month on hover. Any ideas?
  •     tjbate May 18, 2010 10:36AM
    Nevyn - Hover plot functionality is currently limited to showing record count, so it may not be possible to show values like a progression of deposit volumes in version 2.6. That said, you should at least be seeing splits/multiple bars or pie segments. If you choose a Category field with multiple values, these should display the record counts in Bars and Pies as splits. If you choose a continuous fields typed Numeric or Date/Time, Omniscope should automatically histogram the range and bucket the number of records in each interval.
  •     steve January 3, 2012 7:54AM
    I have reclassified this under Ideas - please vote.

Summary of this idea:
    • Hovering over a data element in any view would spawn a tooltip with a view embedded.
    • The view would show the data identified by the part of the view being hovered over - for example, a single bar within a bar view.
    • You would configure it using using the Settings > Tooltips menu, perhaps through "saving" any view's configuration as the "Tooltip view configuration".
    • You might have a separate configuration for single-record tooltips (typically using a Details view by default) and multi-record tooltips (typically using a Table view by default).
    • This would replace existing hover plots in pivot, map and graph views.
    • This would replace the existing "tooltip" option (using a tooltip/hover "details" view)
    • The configuration would be tab-specific, but could be applied to all tabs. It might also need to be view-specific, as hover plots currently are.
    • Details-on-demand (popup details accessed using the Details button) could be configured in the same way, as a saved view configuration, for single and multi-record popup details. This is discussed here.
  •        benjamin January 3, 2012 8:23AM
    gets my vote

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged