Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Dial View: Rendering Issue when Publishing Batch Output PDFs - Visokio Forums
Dial View: Rendering Issue when Publishing Batch Output PDFs
  •     OliverB July 16, 2015 8:59AM
    Hi,
    I am having an issue when including a Dial view in a report that I use a batch output to export to PDFs. The dial looks good in omniscope, but the dial is often very small when published to PDF.

I believe that the issue may be caused by the dial animation when the tab opens. The screenshot happens before the dial has completely opened and therefore is captured only half open. Every now and again it does work, but most of the time it doesn't.

There doesn't seem to be an option to disable the dial view animation on tab open. I have tried changing two settings but this doesn't seem to have had an effect
    1. Advanced>Performance>Use Open/Close Animation - Turned this off
    2. Advanced>Miscellaneous>Web View Grab Screenshots Delay - Increased to 5 seconds and no improvement seen

Is there a way to remove the animations from the dial view, or force the batch output to wait for it to be fully opened before taking the screenshot?

My omniscope version is 2.9-[Hotfix_BatchPublishMethod] b1642

Thanks
    Attachments
    Dial View Issue.png 80K
  • 3 Comments
  •     paola July 20, 2015 6:48AM
    Hi Oliver,
    Are you having this issue only when publishing via batch append?
    What happens if you publish it via PDF output block?
    Secondly - what is the data subset setting on that Dial view? (Filtered data/Selection/Query)
  •     OliverB August 4, 2015 9:00AM
    Hi Paola,

Sorry I've been on leave for a few weeks. The same issue happens when I use a PDF Output Block.

The data subset is filtered intersected with a query, and the data is then aggregated, there is actually only one record after the aggregation.
  •     OliverB August 12, 2015 4:41AM
    This is no longer an immediate issue for us as I have replaced the omni dial with a content view, but it might be useful if this worked in the future.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership