Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Date/Time: Mobile Date Ranges in Different Time Zones? - Visokio Forums
Date/Time: Mobile Date Ranges in Different Time Zones?
  •     OliverB May 19, 2015 5:15AM
    Hi,

We are having an issue when our clients access mobile reports from different time zones. With a simple data filter, the displayed date jumps back a day whenever a specific date is typed in. We also have some reports with more complex date variables and these don't work correctly either when opened in a different time zone.

I have been able to replicate this on my machine by changing the windows time zone. It is hard to show this from a screenshot, but am happy to jump on a screenshare to demonstrate.

The files have all been published using a 2.9 (2.9 b1641) scheduler on GMT time zone, and the mobile server is also running 2.9 (2.9 b1613) and is on GMT. The time zones I have tested this on are South African Standard time and US Eastern Time.
  • 3 Comments
  •     paola May 20, 2015 4:47AM
    Thanks for reporting, we've reproduced and created a fix for this issue, and will publish shortly a download link.
  •     steve May 21, 2015 5:32AM
    Oliver,

We haven't finished QA for this fix yet, but we have a build for you to test which resolves issues with how Mobile handles timezones.

http://www.visokio.com/download/?feature=Hotfix_Devices_DateRange_Timezone_Bug

This fixes all date formatting and parsing to use the timezone setting configured server-side in the IOK file, and disregards the local client browser timezone. This is how dates are meant to be handled in Omniscope, so that no matter where you are, all dates appear as seen in the desktop application / by the publisher.

Please confirm this resolves the problem and let us know if you see any new issues.

Steve
  •     steve May 22, 2015 10:04AM
    Oliver, this build has passed our QA & review. Please let us know when you've confirmed the fix.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership