Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Sources-Relative rather than absolute paths to files? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Sources-Relative rather than absolute paths to files?
  • VoteVote Up0Vote Down aknotts     aknotts April 24, 2015 9:45AM
    We use a text file to store value orders which we out in field organisers in Data Manager. The only issue is that the path is not relative to the IOK file. This causes issues when opening data on mapped drives from other computers. If I am working on my PC and have an IOK in c:\My Shared Folder\my_iok.iok and a text file stored in c:\My Shared Folder\Jan to Dec.txt, someone may have a mapped drive to my PC and tehy may open the IOK file to refresh the data manager so their mapping may be \\another pc\share\my_iok.iok which is fine however the value order in the field orgainser is looking for c:\My Shared Folder\Jan to Dec.txt, when it should be in \\another pc\share\Jan to Dec.txt. Is it possible to have these value orders relative rather than absolute?

Thanks
  • 2 Comments
  •     paola April 29, 2015 10:53AM
    That makes sense, one of our developers is looking into it and we'll post news once it is enabled.
  •     chris May 13, 2015 5:51AM
    Hi Andrew,

Apologies for the delay, the fix for this is taking slightly longer than expected. We are investigating this issue and hope to have a fix shortly.

Regards

Chris

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership