Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
How to append the content of row 2 and header row - Visokio Forums
How to append the content of row 2 and header row
  •     Keesup April 12, 2010 5:41PM
    I have source file where 1st row is main field description and 2nd row is a detailed field description. The data starts from row 3.

Example Row 1: Velocity
    Row 2: (in KM/Hour)

I want to create 1 header row of: Velocity (in KM/Hour)
  • 5 Comments
  •     steve April 12, 2010 6:35PM
    In 2.6, this should be possible by configuring multiple header rows.
  •     Keesup April 13, 2010 5:08PM
    Sorry. Forgot to write that I was trying to do this in “Batch Append Files” block. In “File” block, just selecting 2 header rows does the trick. I have 20 files though, how can do this in the batch append block? Thanks
  •     chris April 14, 2010 11:20AM
    Hi,

Am i right in the following:

Your trying to do a batch append of 20 files. All of the 20 files are the same format (1st row is main field description, 2nd row is a detailed description, data starts from row 3).

You can configure a batch append as you would a 'File block'. First select the folder by clicking the 'browse...' button. Next select the type of files you want to import. In this case choose 'Plain text file' (i'm assuming that is the correct type). 'All or part of the filename' will now change to '*.txt'. You should now have the same configuration options as in the file import block. If your files don't end in the text extension change it so that the files you want to append will be included, for example '*.*' includes ALL files. Please note that all the files will be processed in the same way, so if you choose '*.*' and there are some Excel files in that directory Omniscope will attempt to read them as text files with the configuration specified. You can get around this by being more specific in your filename selection or by using multiple batch-append blocks.
  •     Keesup April 14, 2010 12:40PM
    I can't see the "configuration" options you are talking about in the Batch append file block.

In the "File" block, there are configuration options re: header rows, data rows to skip etc...

In the Batch block, I can't see where you would configure the same things.

btw, the files are excel
  •     chris April 14, 2010 1:28PM
    In the file type drop down select 'Excel workbook'. Once selected the header options should become available.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership