Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Radar View: Parallel Coordinate null values? - Visokio Forums
Radar View: Parallel Coordinate null values?
  •        daniel February 12, 2015 5:35AM
    I have an issue where the radar graphs I am creating is showing something that could be misinterpreted. In certain cells I have blanks but the way the lines join up would suggest that they are at -30 in this example when they are blanks and I would want them to be treated as zeros. I know in the graph view there is an option to "Treat null values as zeros"

• 3 Comments
  • antonio     antonio February 12, 2015 6:37AM
    In the radar view the default behaviour is to treat null ("blank" values) as a point at the base of the spoke. So in your case the base is the minimum value -30.

Unfortunately there is no option like Graph view yet. In the meantime we evaluate the adding of this option, you can use a formula field that transform null values in 0 values.
  •        daniel February 12, 2015 8:05AM
    That's fine thanks, in the meanwhile I'll have to look at my data again. It's not exactly neat as I have something like 20 different columns of data which I am displaying as separate spokes for each one and each field will have no values all over the place.
  • antonio     antonio February 20, 2015 12:20PM
    Hello Daniel,
    The issue you reported has been fixed.
    The default behaviour has been correctly changed to treat the null (no value) values as 0.

We also added the option "Treat (no value) as zero" in the Spoke drop down menu, ticked as default.
    If you untick the option, the line on the radar view will break in correspondence to the null data point.

Please find the fix available online from tomorrow in Omniscope 2.9 b1582.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership