Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Outputs: Exporting to Excel using different options? - Visokio Forums
Outputs: Exporting to Excel using different options?
  •        benjamin January 7, 2015 4:29AM
    Hi

When I publish to an Excel workbook using a DataManager block using the Omniscope route rather than the Excel Direct option, the resulting Excel file is smaller (which is good)

However, if I keep on publishing to the same file using Omniscope route the file size increases, when the data set has not changed.

Why is this ?

Thanks

Ben
  • 5 Comments
  •     Veaceslav January 7, 2015 9:45AM
    Hi Ben,

Could you please scramble the data and email us the IOK file and an Excel file with some data that would enable us to reproduce the problem, investigate it and eventually fix it if it turns out to be a bug ?

Thanks,

Slavvi
  •        benjamin January 7, 2015 10:30AM
    Hi Slavvi

See attached

You need to click on publish a few times and then watch the file size in the respective folder.It should increase by 1kb

Also the file size if you export by omniscope and if you export direct by excel is different

Thanks

Ben
  •     Veaceslav January 7, 2015 1:37PM
    Thank you for reporting this.

We'll work on it and let you know when it is fixed.

Slavvi
  •     chris January 28, 2015 11:56AM
    Hi,

We have now implemented a fix for this issue. We are in the process of testing this fix and hope to have it integrated into Omniscope 2.9 in the next day or so. I'll post on here once the integration has been done.

Regards

Chris
  •     chris January 30, 2015 12:32PM
    Hi Benjamin,

I've sent you a private email with a link to a version of Omniscope containing a fix for this issue.

Regards

Chris

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged