Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
How to get the freeViewer (and only the free viewer) ? - Visokio Forums
How to get the freeViewer (and only the free viewer) ?
  •     tamax April 6, 2010 12:57PM
    Hi,

I'ld like to know where I can find the installer for the free viewer, but not the version available on the website which is "full 30-day trial + free viewer": I don't want the "30-day trial part".

Thanks in advance,

Maxime Gosmant
    Tinval Sistemes
  • 4 Comments
  •     tjbate April 6, 2010 1:24PM
    Maxime - The free trial option on a Viewer installation only appears when people open the Omniscope empty. If you are providing an IOK file download/e-mail atachment and the recipient just clicks on the supplied IOK file, they will not see the free trial. That said, you can also request license keys that can be used to activate free Viewer installtions to suppress all trial options. Just send us an e-mail asking for free Viewer 'empty' license keys.
  •     tamax April 6, 2010 2:30PM
    Hi,

Our point is to provide customers with only the "free viewer" functionnalities, and even if we provide an iok file customers will still be able to access "full functionnalities" during the 30 first days, won't they ?

The other option you gave me sounds to better fit our needs but it complexifies the setup process: customers will have to install software and then open it and enter the license key (and they will see the "free trial" splash screen).

Our idea is to try to make the installation as out-of-the-box as possible and to let customers be in charge of it.

Best regards,
    Maxime.
  •     tjbate April 6, 2010 2:41PM
    It sounds like you are concerned that users with temporarily-activated Omniscopes during their free trial period will do more with your files that you would like. You can lock, hide and otherwise simplify your IOK files on save so that even activated trial Omniscopes cannot re-purpose, modify or even forward the file.
  •     tamax April 6, 2010 2:48PM
    That is exactly what we are concerned about. We will check these option right away.

Thank you,
    Maxime.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership