Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Performance: Limiting max RAM usage per user account/instance? - Visokio Forums
Performance: Limiting max RAM usage per user account/instance?
  •     stavro December 12, 2014 7:39AM
    Hi Everyone,

Is there any way to limit the RAM usage of an Omniscope report? For example, I want to set that every Omniscope report will use max 7 GB RAM. The number of opened files doesn't matter.
  • 5 Comments
  •     stavro December 12, 2014 7:40AM
    I am using Server Edition 2.9-beta b1342
  •     tjbate December 12, 2014 8:41AM
    Stavro - Yes, you can limit the maximum amount of RAM available to Omniscope by editing the installconfig.properties file to set the MAX_MEMORY_MB parameter, in your case to 7000. The KnowledgeBase contains directions for doing this:

http://www.visokio.com/kb/omniscope-memory-allocation

May I ask why you want to set the limit? Is it because other applications running on the same machine need allocated RAM?
  •     stavro December 12, 2014 10:14AM
    On this Server 6-7 persons open reports and they spend a lot of RAM. As a result, some reports are closing unexpectedly.
  •     stavro December 25, 2014 1:25AM
    In this way every report will use max 7 GB ram is it true?
  •     tjbate December 28, 2014 8:49AM
    Yes, each instance of Java/Omniscope should use maximum 7 GB RAM...but if you have multiple accounts/logins on the machine the total concurrent usage across multiple instances will be higher. I assume the 7 GB limit divides available RAM across all the user accounts/logins that might access the machine concurrently?

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership