Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Export: Publish automatically only on given dates (e.g. month ends)? - Visokio Forums
Export: Publish automatically only on given dates (e.g. month ends)?
  •     aeastwood December 11, 2014 10:57AM
    Hi,

I'd like to be able to automatically publish an .IOK output at each month end (timestamped - but I already know how to do that). Is there a way to do this?

Thanks
  • 2 Comments
  •     tjbate December 11, 2014 1:13PM
    Alex - Omniscope includes both a TODAY and an LASTDAYOFMONTH function, so it is easy to write a test formula of the form:

IF([TODAY]=[LASTDAYOFMONTH],true,false)

Omniscope features a Validate Data block which can be used to control flow based on evaluated results. As shown below and in the attached example, the above formula can be inserted in the Validate Data block such that it will return 'true' only on the last day of the month. The other days, it will return 'false' and when the Validate Data block is set to return Error on 'false', no data set will pass onwards to the Output block for Publishing. You can configure an error email to be sent saying effectively "Nothing published because today is not the last day of the month"

Note that the Validate Data block only accepts single value formulae, so the test formula above needs to be recast using:

IF(Subset_Singleton([TODAY]) = SUBSET_SINGLETON([LASTDAYOFMONTH]),true,false)

which evaluates the same as a single values rather than as multi-row results.

•     aeastwood December 12, 2014 7:27AM
    Thanks tjbate. Subset_singleton didn't work for me since I was working with more data rather than just a mapping table like your example, but Subset_last did what I wanted it to (because of the way my data was laid out) so I got what I wanted out of it.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership