Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Bar/Line View: Display of last weekly split by Date/Time field? - Visokio Forums
Bar/Line View: Display of last weekly split by Date/Time field?
  •     rajeshbalu29 December 4, 2014 2:31PM
    Hi Team,
    I have found that there seems to be a display issue when we use the date field in the split for 1 week which shows for the week starting 30th Nov 2014 to 6th Dec 2014. It is currently showing the label "30 to 6 Nov, 2014" which really should be showing "30 to 6 Dec, 2014"?

Please find the attached screenshot and let me know if you have a fix for this in any build.

Note: Currently I'm using the latest stable build for Visokio 2.8 b1287.
    Attachments
    incorrect_month.png 115K
  • 8 Comments
  •     tjbate December 5, 2014 6:50AM
    Rajesh

Interesting...is the split-by Week field definitely data-typed as Date/Time? What happens if you change the date format to something different?

Could you send us a (text scrambled) version of the file with just a few weeks' data that shows the problem?
  •        daniel December 8, 2014 4:21AM
    It's the brief date range labelling that does this, it takes the month and the year of the first date in that interval.

Attachments
    BriefDate.png 71K
  •     rajeshbalu29 December 8, 2014 5:20PM
    Thanks for your updates Daniel. Can you please tell me what format do you use to show the above snipping...?
  •        daniel December 9, 2014 6:08AM
    The date field was in "dd-MMM-yyyy" format,

the brief date labelling changed it to "dd(1) to dd(2), MMM(1)-yyyy(1)"

(1) - derived from the start date of the interval
    (2) - derived from the end date of the interval

*Note I am using 2.9 so the date ordering issue has not changed but if I change the date format to "dd-MM-yy" the outcome is "dd(1) to dd(2), MM(1)-yy(1)"

Generally I avoid using the brief date labelling and just use a week commencing formula field which shows just the first date of the corresponding week. If you don't have to show the full week interval range (See attached Omniscope file). As long as your dealing with standard weeks of 7 days it's not hard to figure out.

•     rajeshbalu29 January 26, 2015 2:41PM
    Thanks for the response Daniel but my concern is if you see your above snipping of date grouping, my concern is when a week group is been done between 2 months or years it eventually captures "MM(1)-yy(1)" as per your note but its not right. Please find my example as attached. I have highlighted in yellow where it says "W1-14" which actually should be "W1-14". Please help me to fix this issue as all my charts are represently incorrectly.

Attachments
    weekgrouping.PNG 15K
  •     paola January 27, 2015 7:08AM
    You should have a formula field to create the labels exactly the way you want them to appear on the chart.
  •     rajeshbalu29 January 29, 2015 1:42PM
    Hi Paola
    Thanks for your suggestion but can you give me an example of grouping 2 days in a week and having the 2nd date's month and year?

Thanks
    Rajesh
  •     paola January 29, 2015 2:01PM
    BUCKET([Date], 2, "day", "dd-MMM-yy")

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership