Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Export: Cut and Paste from Table View to Excel - Visokio Forums
Export: Cut and Paste from Table View to Excel
  •     enrico68 November 27, 2014 9:32AM
    Our users are trying to export, using cut-and-paste, a multi-level Table View (shown in picture 1 of the attached file) to Excel xlsx.

The result obtained is in picture 2: as you can see, when copied to Excel, the detail rows mantain the correct numeric and percentage format while Total rows are not interpreted correctly: they are text and no more numeric values.

Our users need to use cut-and-paste because they would like to export also the total rows and these rows are not exported in Excel when the export function in admin menu is used.

Is there a solution to this problem? Why are the total rows are handled in a different way then detail rows?
    Attachments
    Export.docx 145K
  • 4 Comments
  •     tjbate November 27, 2014 10:15AM
  •     enrico68 November 27, 2014 11:07AM
    Thomas,

our problem is just concerning the format of data exported to excel using cut and paste.
    We are able to export in excel both elementary datas and calculated totals but only with a different format.
    Excel is not able to recognize total as numbers.
  •     enrico68 November 27, 2014 11:36AM
    Thomas,

I made some tests:

1) I exported datas to excel using cut and paste with my Omniscope Local Data Settings set to Italian.
    Elementary datas were exported with character ',' as (italian) decimal point and calculated totals were exported using character '.' as (english) decimal point.

2) I changed the Omniscope Local Data Settings to English and repeated the previous export. This time elementary rows were extracted using '.' as (english) decimal point while total rows were still extracted using '.' as (english) decimal point.

Then, it seems to me that total rows are unaffected by changing Local Data Settings and are pasted alway using English format.
    This causes that my italian Excel installation is not able to recognize English style total rows.
  •     michael January 30, 2015 8:05AM
    Hi Enrico,

The issue with Italian data format on copy paste from the table view has been fixed in 2.9 release. The fix will be available in tonight's build.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership